Price reduction - how do I get refund?

morety

I've booked a cruise (online, no travel agent) for next February. If the price goes down in the meantime, how do I go about getting a refund?

PS: If it happens before cancellation deadline, would I be able to cancel and re-book the same room?

If you are before final payment you call and get a price adjustment. If you did not book directly with NCL your travel agent must make the call.

After final payment they may, or may not, give you OBC equal to 25% of the difference. They will only do this once.

Right now my cruise is after final payment but the difference at 25% would only be $25.... not worth using my one adjustment

If you are before final payment you call and get a price adjustment. If you did not book directly with NCL your travel agent must make the call.

After final payment they may, or may not, give you OBC equal to 25% of the difference. They will only do this once.

Right now my cruise is after final payment but the difference at 25% would only be $25.... not worth using my one adjustment

you can also upgrade your cabin to get full value of price reduction instead of 25%.

no penalty even if past final payment

Thank you Medtech2

Just double check about whether you'll be able to keep any special perks you may have been offered at the initial pricing.

Make sure the "total package" is better, etc.

I'm not 100% sure how this works.

GC

I've booked a cruise (online, no travel agent) for next February. If the price goes down in the meantime, how do I go about getting a refund?

PS: If it happens before cancellation deadline, would I be able to cancel and re-book the same room?

If you booked "online" using the NCL website you just call them. Before cancellation deadline they are doing what you asked in your PS above. They cancel and rebook. Every time we have done it they warn us there is a slim possibility that we could lose our cabin in the process, but so far they have been able to rebook it without any problems.

If you booked "online" using another web site (other than ncl.com) you have booked through a travel agent and have to call them for any help.

Since you are before final payment, they will cancel and rebook you. You will lose your booking perks. You will get the current perks.

If you booked through a TA, be careful of their cancellation penalties.

cancelling and re-booking is one way but you could lose any perks you are getting if the promo plan changes. This is usually why it is better to go though a travel agent or the cruise line instead of booking on line. Regardless you didn't do it that way, so if the price changes and there is a drop I would call NCL and talk to them about it. They should be able to advise you.

We recently booked a cruise online through NCL. It was booked after final payment was due so we paid in full. About a week later the price dropped $80 per person so I called and they gave us a nominal ($45) Cabin credit.

A week after that I noticed that the balcony cabin was now the same price that we had paid for the ocean view cabin and had more perks. I called again, and they upgraded us into the balcony cabin and we got the additional perks. The cabin was located towards the back of the ship. Forward a couple more days, now the midship balcony is the same price we originally paid for the Oceanview, I called for the third time and we are now in a midship balcony for the price that we were happy to have paid for the Oceanview. And with extra perks (higher onboard spend and take all five). Yay NCL!