General Dining question

Thank you! Room service is a good possibility. We will be in a Cat D concierge suite. Will that accommodate room service comfortably?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I think you are asking about space here and whether you can comfortably eat en suite, correct?

Have only stayed in a PH on Explorer but given the size of the Concierge and suites on other ships you would be fine. They will set up dining on the table in the sitting area. And if weather is cooperative you can always sit on your deck

I think you are asking about space here and whether you can comfortably eat en suite, correct?

Have only stayed in a PH on Explorer but given the size of the Concierge and suites on other ships you would be fine. They will set up dining on the table in the sitting area. And if weather is cooperative you can always sit on your deck

Yes, but I was more interested in space. Thank you for the information.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We always have breakfast in our suite when we have morning excursions. Makes the process getting ready for excursions so much easier. When we are at sea we enjoy the slow relaxing pace of Compass Rose for breakfast. We don't often have breakfast in La Veranda. Lunch on a sea day will generally find us at the pool grill. The burgers and in particular the tuna burger are delicious. I grab a salad and some protein for a perfect lunch.

Enjoy your cruise.

ernieb:

Yesterday, you asked a simple question as to Compass Rose (CR) dining hours. Simple answer: breakfast--0800-0930H; lunch, 1200-1330H on Navigator, Voyager, and Mariner. As to Explorer (and I assume Splendor when it comes online in early 2020)--it depends on whether that ship is in port, or at sea. I do not want to get dragged down to details on this aspect, as it has been dredged up and explained on numerous other Threads.

CR dinner hours are 1830 to 2100H.

There are always ** to the above. For example, on debarkation days, CR opens early for breakfast to accommodate folks planning late morning flights home. Another example: on days when there are numerous, and highly-sought morning shore excursions--CR will remain open longer for lunch to accommodate guests returning from a four+hour morning experience. This has been our experience on numerous occasions whether in South America, South Pacific, or wherever. Those doors have stayed open way-beyond 1400H, Yes, other dining options remained available. But, it was such a nice-touch to have a quiet, air-conditioned late lunch at CR to decompress. Particularly recall this instance at Manos, Brazil, June, 2017. Brutally-hot, but interesting, extended morning tour. Greeted at CR by Dining Room Manager. No problem.

Again--just read the daily "Passages" hardcopy itinerary provided the previous evening. It covers, in detail, every aspect of next-day events. This IS IMPORTANT (sorry for the Caps) because--stuff happens when onboard. This stuff can be exigencies causing cancelation of scheduled shore stops (due to such stuff as civil unrest, revolutions, and volcanos--no joke); emergencies due to need to medically evacuate guests (thus canceling a shore-stop--yes this has happened numerous times in our experience); weather affecting ability to enter a port or safely transport guests to, or from, a particular pier using the ship's tenders; and mechanical problems to rudders, engines, whatever.

We have been cruising for 24+ years. The weather situation is the most common issue resulting in changes in itinerary, and dining hours, among other matters.

Whatever happens, no cause for alarm. You will be fed and watered. Regent is equipped to adapt. There are so-may options, to include 24/7 room service. We have utilized this option to breakfast in our suite before a morning excursion; or have dinner before a later PM departure to the airport the night before scheduled debarkation.

Another example: full breakfast served to guests at 0430H at Coffee Connection aboard Explorer at Venice. That was prior to boarding Regent-arranged transportation to Leonardo de Vinci Airport for early AM flights home. Homes being wherever in the world.

That is why we cruise Regent, Silversea, Seabourn, and Crystal.

GOARMY!

Regarding room service for breakfast......I love waking up to the sound of the doorbell announcing our butler is about to enter with a beautiful breakfast presentation. I disembarked the Voyager many weeks ago but still hear that sound!!:D