Bahama cruise in august

hi all,

we are considering with my wife,a 10 days vacations in miami with a cruise to bahama for the august period.

Whats your opinion/experience for having this kind of compination during this period concering the hurricane risk?

Thank you in adanvance.

Agree with EM. August falls within hurricane season, but of course no one can predict if or when one might occur. If one should occur that would affect your cruise, the ships itinerary would be changed to avoid it.

hi all,

we are considering with my wife,a 10 days vacations in miami with a cruise to bahama for the august period.

Whats your opinion/experience for having this kind of compination during this period concering the hurricane risk?

Thank you in adanvance.

Wrong side of the US for August. Head to California instead (very little humidity).

I wouldn't worry about hurricanes, but then I wouldn't ever cruise to the Bahamas or Caribbean in August due to the extreme heat & humidity. Why spend time & money to be miserable in the weather? Summer is for other itineraries in my opinion. Save the Caribbean for winter/spring, and in my case I skip the Bahamas entirely (not worth going to).

Sue/WDW1972

.... I skip the Bahamas entirely (not worth going to).

On a cruise ship, I'd agree with you not to go to the Bahamas. BUT - on a land vacation, many of the Bahama islands are absolutely beautiful. I would go back in a heartbeat to many of the smaller islands (Exuma - Tropic of Cancer Beach, be still my heart!!!) Ports stops Nassau and Freeport are not representative of the true beauty and culture of the islands, in my opinion.

Hey - did you know that "in my opinion" is typed entirely with your right hand? Coolio. ;p:D