Cirque Dreams on the Getaway

dalmoradie

Cirque dreams is not Cirque du Soleil. It is more of a variety show with danger, acrobatic and balancing acts. The last act when we were on was the crossbow guy from AGT. Getaway’s show has a cool steampunk theme.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

True....different show than Cirque de Soleil in Vegas (where I’ve seen “O”, KA, Mystere, LOVE, Zummanity and Viva Elvis. Haven’t missed many.

First, the Cirque on Getaway is not “Cirque de Soleil”.

2nd, the Vegas shows are in big, stationery theaters.

On cruise ships, the venue is moving with the sailing of the ship. The only Cirque shows I’ve seen on the ship(s) is Cirque on Breakaway, which was outstanding. It was just on a smaller scale than what you’d see in Vegas.

ON MSC Meraviglia last Winter we attempted to see Viaggio. About 15 minutes into the show, one of the performers feel from a trapeze 25 feet to the floor. Show was stopped (for very good reason) and it never was rescheduled the rest of our cruise (again, for very good reason).

I’m sailing Getaway next month and looking forward to their Cirque Show.

It's a much more intimate experience than the shows you see at Cirque de Soleil in Vegas. It's scaled back and on a very small stage - but with the smaller venue you are very close to the action. As expected at a Cirque type show it was acrobats and aerialists and the type. The cast interacts with the audience during the dinner portion and they allowed us to take plenty of pictures of the kids with the characters with our own cameras (pleasant surprise!). Once the show starts they don't allow cameras, but the show was entertaining and the food wasn't bad. I felt the upcharge was reasonable and the kids really enjoyed it. They also made sure the kids were seated right by the action. Below are a couple pics to give you an idea of the size of the stage, etc.

114_zpsulzuoga1.jpg

113_zps3v4xbbcq.jpg

111_zpsm69tjmkg.jpg

We’ve seen almost all the Cirque shows in Vegas. Will I be dissppointed if I pay to watch Cirque Dreams?

s

Cirque Dreams is a real, licensed Cirque show. And is preformed in land-based theaters. Is it one of the big Vegas shows, no. We enjoy the show on every cruise (that it performs on).

I thought the one on the Getaway was good. I wouldn’t see it a second time, but was glad we went. However, I felt the one on the Epic was better, and would see that one again. I think the theater on Epic where the Cirque show is performed allows for a different range of stunts. Loved the bath tub act!

Also noticed.. why does the price differ from what is listed on the Entertainment area of Explore and Plan on My Ncl? it is listed at $12 for banquet and $18 for floor seating, but when I click on the select button, the prices are $29.99 and $35.99 ?

We’ve seen almost all the Cirque shows in Vegas. Will I be dissppointed if I pay to watch Cirque Dreams?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

True....different show than Cirque de Soleil in Vegas (where I’ve seen “O”, KA, Mystere, LOVE, Zummanity and Viva Elvis. Haven’t missed many.

First, the Cirque on Getaway is not “Cirque de Soleil”.

2nd, the Vegas shows are in big, stationery theaters.

On cruise ships, the venue is moving with the sailing of the ship. The only Cirque shows I’ve seen on the ship(s) is Cirque on Breakaway, which was outstanding. It was just on a smaller scale than what you’d see in Vegas.

ON MSC Meraviglia last Winter we attempted to see Viaggio. About 15 minutes into the show, one of the performers feel from a trapeze 25 feet to the floor. Show was stopped (for very good reason) and it never was rescheduled the rest of our cruise (again, for very good reason).

I’m sailing Getaway next month and looking forward to their Cirque Show.

Sorry this isn’t cruise related but I’m interested in hearing your opinions on which Cirque show in Vegas is best? Bringing my mom on her first trip to Vegas this fall and seeing a Cirque show is at the top of her must do list. I’m leaning towards O but only because it’s the one I’ve heard the most about.

Sorry this isn’t cruise related but I’m interested in hearing your opinions on which Cirque show in Vegas is best? Bringing my mom on her first trip to Vegas this fall and seeing a Cirque show is at the top of her must do list. I’m leaning towards O but only because it’s the one I’ve heard the most about.

My personal favorite is KA (have seen it twice and want to see it again :)) if your mom is into the Beatles, LOVE is my 2nd favorite. Zummanity is so much fun but is really racy, so if your mom is easily offended, that's not for her, although racy is what Vegas is known for :). O is also good and I think whichever Cirque you see, you will not be disappointed. They're all great!

We saw the Cirque Dreams and Steams on the Getaway in April and my family and I all agreed it was a great show and worth the upcharge. We sat in one of the booths along the wall and actually, our view was pretty good and it was very comfortable for the kids. We sat with one other couple and had a nice time with them. We've only ever seen Cirque in Orlando so that's the only thing I can really compare it to and I feel they are similar yet different. The stage and seating is very different in both venues as is the theming. The steam punk theme on the ship was amazing and the costumes so so detailed. We never got that close to the performers in Orlando, so that makes the ship experience totally worth it to me.

This is really weird. I am trying to book this for 5 people for our November cruise and NCL is charging me $35.99 for 4 people and $18 for 1. Prices shown on the Explore and Plan page is $18 per person. Has anybody else seen this? Is there an explanation, or do I have to call NCL?

This is really weird. I am trying to book this for 5 people for our November cruise and NCL is charging me $35.99 for 4 people and $18 for 1. Prices shown on the Explore and Plan page is $18 per person. Has anybody else seen this? Is there an explanation, or do I have to call NCL?

Do you have the dining package? $18 sounds like the upcharge for using one of the dining dinners.

No problem. They are all good. But, the best was probably a toss up between "O" and "Love". Maybe a slight edge towards "O" because it's in the Bellagio, which is flat out gorgeous. Can't remember seeing any other show that made me say "WOW!" the entire time, either.

My (then) girlfriend said she loved "O" so much it made her cry because it was so beautiful, and she wasn't the sort that cried about much.

My personal favorite is KA (have seen it twice and want to see it again :)) if your mom is into the Beatles, LOVE is my 2nd favorite. Zummanity is so much fun but is really racy, so if your mom is easily offended, that's not for her, although racy is what Vegas is known for :). O is also good and I think whichever Cirque you see, you will not be disappointed. They're all great!

Thank you!! All of this is good to know! Luckily, she’s not easily offended so we can keep all as options :) her musical taste is more Rolling Stones than the Beatles but I think she’d still enjoy the music.

No problem. They are all good. But, the best was probably a toss up between "O" and "Love". Maybe a slight edge towards "O" because it's in the Bellagio, which is flat out gorgeous. Can't remember seeing any other show that made me say "WOW!" the entire time, either.

My (then) girlfriend said she loved "O" so much it made her cry because it was so beautiful, and she wasn't the sort that cried about much.

That’s exactly what I want, is that amazing wow factor!! I’m excited to see her reaction to the Bellagio overall, it’s so gorgeous!