Regal Princess Aft Suites

xavier

It appears from the deck plans on Princess that the Aft suites on the Regal vary in size. Some look considerably wider than others. Is this true? or just not a exact deck plan rendering? Anyone have any experience/favorite aft suite aboard the Regal?

Definitely different sizes! We've had one on Aloha deck and it's very narrow. The deck plan pictures definitely show the approximate size differences. I would go with Dolphin deck if it's available.

The balconies of the Dolphin Deck aft suites are amazing - extremely large and partially covered. I haven't heard many complaints about soot and exhaust smells on the Regal (they were a big problem on the Royal in December 2013 when we were in D727). One drawback for some folks might be that the concierge lounge isn't really convenient. It is on the Riviera Deck (5 decks up) and toward mid ship. We only dropped in once and weren't impressed so never returned.

We stayed in Marina Deck aft on the Regal last year. No issues at all. No soot, very little noise from above.

We turned that one down as an upsell on our last cruise on the Regal because we were afraid of noise from the deck above and also thought it might get weird having people look down on us from above. Although in fairness we love mini suites with the open balconies on other ships and never worry about everyone looking down on us. If no noise we might give it a try if get the opportunity to sail in one again.

The balconies of the Dolphin Deck aft suites are amazing - extremely large and partially covered. I haven't heard many complaints about soot and exhaust smells on the Regal (they were a big problem on the Royal in December 2013 when we were in D727). One drawback for some folks might be that the concierge lounge isn't really convenient. It is on the Riviera Deck (5 decks up) and toward mid ship. We only dropped in once and weren't impressed so never returned.

Just back from Royal on aft suite D-726. The Balcony I think is the largest and is more covered, other than that the suites are the same inside on all aft decks. There was a soot problem but I think it varied on sailing direction and wind and they were right on it to clean it up.