Carnival Stock for OBCs

mcrcruiser

I think the price matters psychologically. I'd hate to see the stock drop to below what I paid for it in spite of having enjoyed the OBC benefits and dividends for the past nine years.

Yep. Psychologically.

Hi: still playing lots of trivia?

With all this discussion on stock value, isn't the bottom line the fact that the price never matters unless you intend to sell it. And it you're using it to get OBC, doesn't matter whether it's $10 or $80; you aren't selling it.

Yup!

I paid $33 each for 100 shares so now my stock is worth $2,600 & it went up $26 yesterday. As people have said it’s an excellent investment. If you get the maximum $250 for only one cruise how many stocks make $250 in one year.

A big THANKS to Carnival Corp for allowing us this credit.

Tom😀

A correction to what I posted. My Carnival Stock has made $2,600 since purchase. I paid $33.65 each & now it’s listed at $59.60 each. Yes a great investment plus the $259 OBC I have received many times.

Tom😁

A correction to what I posted. My Carnival Stock has made $2,600 since purchase. I paid $33.65 each & now it’s listed at $59.60 each. Yes a great investment plus the $259 OBC I have received many times.

Tom😁

Unfortunately it look as though CCL will open on the NYSE down substantially this morning, not anything at all really to do with Carnival or cruising, but the President of the US has announced sanctions possible against Turkey because they are holding a US citizen on political charges.

You might ask what has this to do with CCL stock?

Well the possible sanctions has collapsed the already very unsteady Turkish currency and this has unsettled world financial markets.

Turkey owes a LOT of money to other countries.

Carnival stock in UK ( and many others to lesser degrees) down 1.68% as I write

And that will probably translate to us losing ground when the US markets open.

For most of us the notional unrealized loss on our 100 x CCL is hardly important, however markets as a whole look likely to be down, another unsettling period of volatility coming just as everything was getting back to "normal".

So possibly another lower cost buying opportunity for CCL stock this morning for those of us who don't have our 100 yet.

Yep. Psychologically.

Hi: still playing lots of trivia?

Yes. We even had anytime dining last December and got to play the evening games. I was fortunate to pick some great teammates. And I play almost every week at my mother's retirement community. They do it different--the person in charge asking questions and whoever answers correctly first gets a prize (limit of two per person per day). We'll get around a hundred questions in an hour.