Carnival Stock for OBCs

mcrcruiser

Owning 100 shares of CCL is one of the best "open secrets" I've ever discovered! Often when eating breakfast or lunch on a Princess cruise, I or someone else at the group table will ask, "So how many of us own Carnival stock?" inevitably a bunch of hands go up. Whoever does NOT own the stock gets told how the OBC works.

My question is: DW and I are going on a Princess World Cruise, 111 days, in 2020. Will we just get one OBC, or will we be eligible for more? (In other words, is it a multiple of several segments, or just one long segment?)

Owning 100 shares of CCL is one of the best "open secrets" I've ever discovered! Often when eating breakfast or lunch on a Princess cruise, I or someone else at the group table will ask, "So how many of us own Carnival stock?" inevitably a bunch of hands go up. Whoever does NOT own the stock gets told how the OBC works.

My question is: DW and I are going on a Princess World Cruise, 111 days, in 2020. Will we just get one OBC, or will we be eligible for more? (In other words, is it a multiple of several segments, or just one long segment?)

Depends upon how you booked the cruise. One credit per storeroom per confirmation number. So if you booked it as one cruise, one credit. If you booked it in several segments and have multiple confirmation numbers, you can request the credit on each segment, as if it were a b2b2b booking.

If you are already getting $25 from Carnival then your cruise must be on Carnival, this is the Princess forum, which although wholly owned by Carnival Corporation is technically autonomous and has different policies to Carnival Cruise Line.

Princess do allow stacking of OBC, I have no idea about Carnival Cruise LInes policy about stacking.

Try the Carnival forum?

Will check on the carnival forum. The article on cc lumped all the owned companies together. Thank you for the info on Princess allowing stacking, I will look into booking cruises on Princess too. Have a great day...

CCL stock is a good investment if you cruise. Since buying mine, I received over a 12% annual return and thousands of dollars of OBC.

I contend that CCL stock could be a good investment if you cruise. You alluded to my contention by mentioned "since buying mine..." If someone buys CCL stock when it is high then the stock price tanks, it might not be a good investment - just like any other investment in stock.

I contend that CCL stock could be a good investment if you cruise. You alluded to my contention by mentioned "since buying mine..." If someone buys CCL stock when it is high then the stock price tanks, it might not be a good investment - just like any other investment in stock.

While it is true that like other investments, if CCL tanks it would make CCL a poor investment for some. For others like myself, even if it goes to zero, it will still be a great investment for me. We are close to getting about triple our initial investment in OBC.

I paid $33 each for 100 shares so now my stock is worth $2,600 & it went up $26 yesterday. As people have said it’s an excellent investment. If you get the maximum $250 for only one cruise how many stocks make $250 in one year.

A big THANKS to Carnival Corp for allowing us this credit.

Tom😀

While it is true that like other investments, if CCL tanks it would make CCL a poor investment for some. For others like myself, even if it goes to zero, it will still be a great investment for me. We are close to getting about triple our initial investment in OBC.
That's how I feel. But anyone who bought this past January when it neared $72 a share is probably not feeling the same. It's going to take a lot of cruises and a long time to recoup the difference in price to where it's trading now.

I paid $18/share before CCL started giving OBC. Between Princess and HAL and an occasional Carnival cruise thrown in for good measure, I have made thousands. Wish any of my other investments had even half this kind of return.

Ah……..woulda coulda shoulda bought Apple. LOL.

That's how I feel. But anyone who bought this past January when it neared $72 a share is probably not feeling the same. It's going to take a lot of cruises and a long time to recoup the difference in price to where it's trading now.

It would indeed, that would be 5 x 14 day cruises worth of OBC to be back in profit.

CCL went just over $60 briefly on Friday (yesterday).

Not long now until the 50c dividend is payable, have to take that into account when deciding whether or not to sell next week.

Sometimes they sink back nearly 50c ex dividend, and sometimes they don't. And sometimes if they have sunk back they recover quickly. And sometimes they don't.

I think next week will be a decent week for CCL price. I may be wrong.

But whatever happens just make sure you have your 100 before you cruise next.

I paid $33 each for 100 shares so now my stock is worth $2,600 & it went up $26 yesterday. As people have said it’s an excellent investment. If you get the maximum $250 for only one cruise how many stocks make $250 in one year.

Tom

If you paid $3300 and it is now worth $2600 you lost $700 on that initial investment. You need at least 3 cruises at $250 credit each to break even.

As was said above it really depends on what price one bought the stock.

If you paid $3300 and it is now worth $2600 you lost $700 on that initial investment. You need at least 3 cruises at $250 credit each to break even.

As was said above it really depends on what price one bought the stock.

Has gone up approximately $26 per share since their purchase.

So Im curious about the stock purchase & credit provided.

Im going on a 4 day cruise December 2018. Im slated to receive $100 OBC from my TA and $25 from carnival.

Reading through the cc explanation, I could get $50 OBC for owning the stock.

However, since OBC can not be stacked will the Carnival OBC of $25 be counted towards the stock OBC or will both the TA & Carnival OBC be counted, in essence wiping out any credit I would get from purchasing the stock?

TIA for your help.

You should be able to get the Share Holder credit as well.

Will check on the carnival forum. The article on cc lumped all the owned companies together. Thank you for the info on Princess allowing stacking, I will look into booking cruises on Princess too. Have a great day...

Cunard allows it too!

Tom😀

I don't understand your math at all, currently the stock closed Friday at $59.60 per share so 100 is not worth $2600 its a total of $5960.

However, since OBC can not be stacked will the Carnival OBC of $25 be counted towards the stock OBC or will both the TA & Carnival OBC be counted, in essence wiping out any credit I would get from purchasing the stock?

TIA for your help.

Never seen that OBC cannot be stacked.

Furthermore....the Shareholder Benefit comes from Carnival Corp. Other OBC comes from Carnival Cruise Lines or a TA.

The Shareholder Benefit is administered thru the member cruise lines but comes from Carnival Corp. (CCL)

Carnival Cruise Lines and Carnival Corp., while related, are not the same entity.

I don't understand your math at all, currently the stock closed Friday at $59.60 per share so 100 is not worth $2600 its a total of $5960.

pretty sure the OP meant that the value has increased by $26.00 = 33+26=59 current

so $2600 paper value increase since purchase

that adds up

With all this discussion on stock value, isn't the bottom line the fact that the price never matters unless you intend to sell it. And it you're using it to get OBC, doesn't matter whether it's $10 or $80; you aren't selling it.

With all this discussion on stock value, isn't the bottom line the fact that the price never matters unless you intend to sell it. And it you're using it to get OBC, doesn't matter whether it's $10 or $80; you aren't selling it.

also the stock pays dividend too..so between that and OBC you are earning money from the stock

That poster either isn't good in math or English but that is besides the point.

People don't hold stock forever so yes the purchase price does matter. Also it is wise to look at total return including dividends and OBC. For most but not all people such a purchase is a good deal. Also remember that something like half of Americans don't even have $1,000 in savings, so such a stock purchase is out of the question.

That poster either isn't good in math or English but that is besides the point.

People don't hold stock forever so yes the purchase price does matter. Also it is wise to look at total return including dividends and OBC. For most but not all people such a purchase is a good deal. Also remember that something like half of Americans don't even have $1,000 in savings, so such a stock purchase is out of the question.

I think of CCL shares #1 - #100 differently from shares #101 and up. The yield maths are

quite different, and --for me-- drive different answers to "best investment?".

I think the price matters psychologically. I'd hate to see the stock drop to below what I paid for it in spite of having enjoyed the OBC benefits and dividends for the past nine years.