Status change during cruise?

cruiserbrianj

How does Carnival handle a status change during a cruise? For example, my next cruise will get me to 24 days (25 is required for Gold). With the following cruise will I still be Red or since I’ll hit Gold during the cruise will I be Gold from the start? I know it doesn’t mean a whole lot but I was just wondering. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This is a really nice perk that Carnival offers. We were on the Vista back to back for 23 days in 2016 (10 day med cruise and 13 day transatlantic), and we didn't turn Platinum until halfway into our second leg. We were granted Platinum status the day we boarded for the first leg. This was much appreciated, especially for the laundry service, as we had been traveling around Europe the week before we boarded.

Based on what I'm reading, you will have 24 days at the end of your upcoming cruise, which means you will still be red. IF you are hitting day 25 DURING the next cruise, you will be gold on the day that you board.

Yes, you’re correct. Appreciate the feedback.

I am red and will reach 25 points the first night of our conquest cruise in October. I already printed my luggage tags and if I pull up my vifp info it still shows red!

Well I guess I will need an update in October because that’s my exact situation. Thinking once you get there it’ll change because then your “really” there lol