Cococay port changed to Miami.....any Shopping near port of Miami

Jan 5 sailing on Vision to Bahamas has changed route some, port of call for coco cay has been changed to Miami....I keep trying to find information on different boards regarding any nearby shopping or activities without doing a paid excursion......could anyone advise if there is anything near the port area that is walkable from the ship once it docks.........

Jan 5 sailing on Vision to Bahamas has changed route some, port of call for coco cay has been changed to Miami....I keep trying to find information on different boards regarding any nearby shopping or activities without doing a paid excursion......could anyone advise if there is anything near the port area that is walkable from the ship once it docks.........

Nothing walkable.

Youlll need to take a taxi somewhere.

It’s not as bad as it sounds. Maybe a mile or so. It’s over a bridge and I don’t think it’s safe to walk. Take a taxi

Agree with above. There is a nice outside shopping plaza just on the other side of the bridge, in downtown (across from the Hotel Intercontinental). You can find some unique items here - my personal favorite, gold glitter athletic shoes. And the Mojitos.

Glad to see you are rolling with the punches on this one. Personally, I would rather port in Miami than at Coco Cay when it is an active construction site.

Bayside is a 5 minute taxi/ Uber ride..lots of shopping & dining...

The City of Miami offers free trolley services from the port to downtown and beyond. At the entrance to the port there is Bayside Marketplace a popular tourist destination. You also have the Miami Children's Museum and Jungle Island. You can see it from the ship it is on the other side so you will have to take an Uber. I don't know if the South Beach trolley makes stops there.... I don't see why not. You can take a ride over to South Beach if you want. There is the Miami Seaquarium you can get there by bus in about 20 mins. The Perez Museum is accessable by trolley. Also Winwood the trendy art deco district, I recommend a visit here, reachable by trolley. Then there is One Brickell City Center the trolly goes to the Brickell metro station and it is a few blocks from there. They also have kiosks to rent bike around the city

http://www.miamigov.com/trolley/maps.html

The place they are talking about is called Bayside Marketplace. It's a way to spend some time.

Agree with this. Bayside Marketplace is not bad at all. It's a two level mall, and if I remember correctly most of it is outdoor.

The City of Miami offers free trolley services from the port to downtown and beyond. At the entrance to the port there is Bayside Marketplace a popular tourist destination. You also have the Miami Children's Museum and Jungle Island. You can see it from the ship it is on the other side so you will have to take an Uber. I don't know if the South Beach trolley makes stops there.... I don't see why not. You can take a ride over to South Beach if you want. There is the Miami Seaquarium you can get there by bus in about 20 mins. The Perez Museum is accessable by trolley. Also Winwood the trendy art deco district, I recommend a visit here, reachable by trolley. Then there is One Brickell City Center the trolly goes to the Brickell metro station and it is a few blocks from there. They also have kiosks to rent bike around the city

http://www.miamigov.com/trolley/maps.html

There's also an app that gives you real time tracking of the trolleys. A piece of advice. If you're taking the trolley, walk to the PREVIOUS stop prior to the closest one to your terminal. The crowds will gather at the closest point and can easily fill the trolley to capacity.

Uber is fairly inexpensive in Miami. I was able to get around for about 4 bucks/ride to close locals like Midtown.