Cancellation - Non Refundable Deposit

My wife, daughter and I are booked for an RCI cruise in October. We booked the non-refundable deposit fare and it's fully paid for.

My wife now has a conflict and will not be going. My daughter and I are still going. What type of refund can I get from my wife's fare?

My wife, daughter and I are booked for an RCI cruise in October. We booked the non-refundable deposit fare and it's fully paid for.

My wife now has a conflict and will not be going. My daughter and I are still going. What type of refund can I get from my wife's fare?

I would expect that you are past the full payment date. If so then the only thing you can expect to get back from the cruise line is taxes and port fees associated with her fare. Your only real hope to recover much is if you purchased travel insurance and if her reason for canceling is a covered reason.

As others have said, at this late date it doesn't matter if the booking is refundable or non refundable. After final payment date, all bookings are non refundable. I'd be calling. The whole fare should not be lost

UPDATE:

I just called RCI to cancel my wife's fare. All they could do at this point was refund pre-paid gratuities, taxes, fees & port expenses. I'm ok with that.

However, there was a discussion from RCI about changing my room from a 4 person occupancy room to a now much smaller 2-person room. They also said that by canceling my wife's fare, an increase in our fare could result because we originally booked under a promotional fare.

I advised the customer service agent that I did not want a smaller room, nor would I accept an increase in our fare because all I was doing was notifying them as a courtesy of a cancellation and requesting some fees or fare to be returned to me.

I was put on hold for several minutes and the customer service agent came back said it was all handled by the reservation staff. My original booked room would remain the same and no increase in our fare would result. She sent me an e-mail confirmation of the new Cruise Vacation Receipt.

All is good, but beware that if someone in your party cancels and you notify RCI ahead of your cruise, they could change your room to a smaller room.

... All is good, but beware that if someone in your party cancels and you notify RCI ahead of your cruise, they could change your room to a smaller room.

This is why many times we advise to just be a no show if the loss of cruise fare will be the same as cancelling.