Can't set state information on Online check-in, impossible to set card payment option

JezzaC

Have you had an issue with performing check-in online (and being not US customer). Am from Finland and we don't have states. When trying to perform check-in and set payment option, only chance is selecting cash since card payments require state being set and nothing (not even not applicable) can be selected on the website and information has been set as mandatory.

How have you bypassed the issue? Or is the only chance to wait for the actual check in at port and providing card information?

Are you not able to check the box that indicates "Is your billing address same as contact address"?

I am Canadian (we don't have States either) and didn't have trouble entering a credit card

It was faster in Miami because I had entered Credit Card information (not sure what was wrong in Southampton, our checkin was WAY faster than the guests around us)

Are you not able to check the box that indicates "Is your billing address same as contact address"?

I am Canadian (we don't have States either) and didn't have trouble entering a credit card

It was faster in Miami because I had entered Credit Card information (not sure what was wrong in Southampton, our checkin was WAY faster than the guests around us)

Yes I am able to select it - however contact information doesn't contain such attribute as State at all. So when it is copied, it doesn't fill anything to the field and information can't be saved. Same issue when not ticking the box - nothing can be selected to the field. I don't know how difficult those forms are to create correctly for NCL.

Just out of curiousity - where during the online check-in process is it required to put in any "method of payment"? I usually cruise with NCL a couple of times every year, and I have never come across this when checking in online. I am European myself, and some times my cruise is booked through NCL Europe and sometimes through NCL in the USA, but the check-in process is the same in both cases. "Easy-peasy" and done in a couple of minutes, and since I am "registered" all my personal information comes up automatically and the only thing I need to fill out is passport information and emergency contact. I am just wondering if it is more of a "hassle" if it is the first time someone is cruising with NCL and they have chosen to not "register" to MyNCL, and therefore need to put in all information during the check-in process or is it something I am missing here? I have an upcoming cruise next month, and just logged on to check the requested personal information needed to check in online, and I really don't see anywhere where I could (if I wanted to) choose the payment methode for my onboard account.

Same when I read about people who have been asked to check a box for expected arriving time at the pier on embarkation day - I have never seen this question on my check-in "form" for NCL.

PS: I totally agree with the other posters who say that filling in your credit card information in advance would save you absolutely no time on embarkation day, as the card you choose to use will be on file with all information needed just by them swiping it (which they have to do in either case anyway).

Just out of curiousity - where during the online check-in process is it required to put in any "method of payment"? I usually cruise with NCL a couple of times every year, and I have never come across this when checking in online. I am European myself, and some times my cruise is booked through NCL Europe and sometimes through NCL in the USA, but the check-in process is the same in both cases. "Easy-peasy" and done in a couple of minutes, and since I am "registered" all my personal information comes up automatically and the only thing I need to fill out is passport information and emergency contact. I am just wondering if it is more of a "hassle" if it is the first time someone is cruising with NCL and they have chosen to not "register" to MyNCL, and therefore need to put in all information during the check-in process or is it something I am missing here? I have an upcoming cruise next month, and just logged on to check the requested personal information needed to check in online, and I really don't see anywhere where I could (if I wanted to) choose the payment methode for my onboard account.

Same when I read about people who have been asked to check a box for expected arriving time at the pier on embarkation day - I have never seen this question on my check-in "form" for NCL.

PS: I totally agree with the other posters who say that filling in your credit card information in advance would save you absolutely no time on embarkation day, as the card you choose to use will be on file with all information needed just by them swiping it (which they have to do in either case anyway).

Noticed the same things. I have payment information part on my Bliss cruise check-in but no arrival time request. On Getaway check-in I have option to select arrival time but don't have a part to enter my payment information. Logical. :)