Booking flight with RCCL - good idea?

JRondo

How much notice do you get regarding your flight info? Do they allow you to fly in a few days before your cruise begins?We are thinking of flying to Rome and do a TA cruise back to Florida.Thanks in advance.

You pick your exact flights and you can fly in several days before your cruise.

How much notice do you get regarding your flight info? Do they allow you to fly in a few days before your cruise begins?We are thinking of flying to Rome and do a TA cruise back to Florida.Thanks in advance.
Judy, we are on Air2Sea flight tomorrow. Arriving 2 days early. After Singapore that's our new norm. Plus you may save money adjusting the dates.

FWIW, Singapore was direct Delta purchase.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

On my cruise last fall, RC changed the departure of the ship to an earlier time. Since I booked my flights through Air2Sea, they automatically adjusted my flights for me so that I would still make it to the port in time.

So I highly recommend it.

IF you want to use accumulated "Air Miles" from your favorite airline.... Air2Sea is not an option.

While it is not guaranteed that air miles will accrue from flights booked via Air2Sea, we have gotten air miles from the 6 times we have used Air2Sea and ChoiceAir (previous name).

While it is not guaranteed that air miles will accrue from flights booked via Air2Sea, we have gotten air miles from the 6 times we have used Air2Sea and ChoiceAir (previous name).

I should have been clearer! Instead of saying "use" miles I should have said...."spend" miles. You should still "earn" miles for the flights Air2Sea book.

Judy, we are on Air2Sea flight tomorrow. Arriving 2 days early. After Singapore that's our new norm. Plus you may save money adjusting the dates.

FWIW, Singapore was direct Delta purchase.

Didn’t you plan to go to Singapore recently and had flight problems and never got to spend time there?Enjoy your travels. Al & Judy

Thanks Bob and John.I gather we book our cruise and then we book our own flights through Air2Sea?

Correct.

You can see the flight prices before you book the cruise if you like.

Start here; http://www.royalcaribbean.com/contentWithGallery.do?pagename=air_travel_programs

Click Search for Flights, then Quick Flight Search Only.

I should have been clearer! Instead of saying "use" miles I should have said...."spend" miles. You should still "earn" miles for the flights Air2Sea book.

There are, however, reports of some people not getting the full value of miles from some flights booked through cruise lines. Sometimes yes, sometimes no; again, it seems to depend on the exact fare class and the specific rules and restrictions attached to the ticket purchased, and that is seldom known ahead of time. Also, some airlines are moving to a system whereby miles are earned based on the dollars paid, rather than the miles flown. If that's the case with the airline the cruise line books for you, and you are paying a lower fare, you will obviously earn fewer miles than you would otherwise. This may or may not matter to someone, just sharing so everyone can be more informed.

There are, however, reports of some people not getting the full value of miles from some flights booked through cruise lines. Sometimes yes, sometimes no; again, it seems to depend on the exact fare class and the specific rules and restrictions attached to the ticket purchased, and that is seldom known ahead of time. Also, some airlines are moving to a system whereby miles are earned based on the dollars paid, rather than the miles flown. If that's the case with the airline the cruise line books for you, and you are paying a lower fare, you will obviously earn fewer miles than you would otherwise. This may or may not matter to someone, just sharing so everyone can be more informed.

Thanks, Meg.....but my last two posts do not concern EARNING/GETTING miles for flights booked through the cruise line.

I was trying to let folks know you can NOT Use, Spend, Redeem miles you already have to "PAY" for flights booked through the cruise line.

Obviously, I'm not stating that clearly enough. :confused:

Correct.

You can see the flight prices before you book the cruise if you like.

Start here; http://www.royalcaribbean.com/contentWithGallery.do?pagename=air_travel_programs

Click Search for Flights, then Quick Flight Search Only.

Thank you so much Bob! I’ve been on their website and had no idea how to check the flights.You have been such a big help. You have no idea.Many thanks.Judy

Thanks, Meg.....but my last two posts do not concern EARNING/GETTING miles for flights booked through the cruise line.

I was trying to let folks know you can NOT Use, Spend, Redeem miles you already have to "PAY" for flights booked through the cruise line.

Obviously, I'm not stating that clearly enough. :confused:

You stated it fine. I was responding to the tail end of your last post in which you DID specify that you "should" earn miles. I clarified that that can vary.

Didn’t you plan to go to Singapore recently and had flight problems and never got to spend time there?Enjoy your travels. Al & Judy
Yes, we'll have to share the Singapore story some day

You pick your exact flights and you can fly in several days before your cruise.

Would that be the same on a return flight too? We are leaving our cruise in Fort Lauderdale and would like two or three nights there before returning to the UK.

Sent from my iPad using Forums