Spa reservation-Book now to reserve spot, or wait for deal on ship

Uhfolks

I'm planning on booking a couples massage during one of our port days. I keep reading about deals that will come to your cabin on port days, but I wasn't sure how common that is. Is it pretty much a guaranteed thing, or hit & miss? I'm fine keeping a flexible schedule that day to save $50 to use somewhere else. But I don't want to risk everything being booked either!

Also, we've got a spa cabin which comes with "priority spa reservations". Anyone have an idea of what that actually means?

I was thinking the same thing. I"m on the MAGIC next March and too have a spa cabin.

I do know you get 20% on 1 spa treatment and 30 & 40% 2nd and 3rd during sea days. I want to say it's more at port. But you have EXPERTS here that knows everything about Carnival.

This is just my opinion, but I would skip the spa and put the money towards a balcony. From reading your other thread, you have a great cruise planned for your honeymoon. But I think you are missing a significant chance to enjoy your cruise even more by not having a balcony. A balcony is something you can enjoy 24 hours a day every day of the cruise. It sounds to me like you are focusing on creating a once in a lifetime trip for your honeymoon, which is awesome, but getting a balcony would be my number one priority over the spa, excursions, etc.

I would wait until you are on the ship before making a spa reservation. They always offer better deals on the ship, especially on port days like you mentioned. Of course how good the deals will be is directly related to how much open time is available in the spa. Obviously the fewer the reservations, the better the incentives will be.

For what it's worth, spa appointments on port days are already significantly discounted if you buy in advance as opposed to sea days. Spa appointments are further discounted in the morning hours, etc. I don't know how much more of a discount would be available on board, or if discounts are available for all services so that you would know for sure it was worth it to wait specifically for a discounted couple's massage. If you do book ahead, at least you can pinpoint your date and time and know you will have exactly what you want. To see the built in discounts for various dates and times, just go through the process of booking online. A page will come up with various dates, times, and costs for you to take a look at.

I'm not much into telling anyone else what they will enjoy because all cruisers value different things about cruising.

Personally I've sailed in many balcony cabins, and in a spa interior on the Breeze. I can't recall whether you have specified which ship you will be on, but on the Dream, Magic and Breeze I prefer an interior spa to a balcony.

The Cloud 9 spas on those Dream class ships are amazing. Moving from the heated loungers to the T-pool is incredible. Your cabin gives you unlimited access, no reservations required.

If you're sailing on any other ship totally disregard this. They don't have a Cloud 9 spa.

I was thinking the same thing. I"m on the MAGIC next March and too have a spa cabin.

I do know you get 20% on 1 spa treatment and 30 & 40% 2nd and 3rd during sea days. I want to say it's more at port. But you have EXPERTS here that knows everything about Carnival.

We're on the Magic as well, I'll post some sort of update afterward of how our Spa cabin was!

This is just my opinion, but I would skip the spa and put the money towards a balcony. From reading your other thread, you have a great cruise planned for your honeymoon. But I think you are missing a significant chance to enjoy your cruise even more by not having a balcony. A balcony is something you can enjoy 24 hours a day every day of the cruise. It sounds to me like you are focusing on creating a once in a lifetime trip for your honeymoon, which is awesome, but getting a balcony would be my number one priority over the spa, excursions, etc.

I would wait until you are on the ship before making a spa reservation. They always offer better deals on the ship, especially on port days like you mentioned. Of course how good the deals will be is directly related to how much open time is available in the spa. Obviously the fewer the reservations, the better the incentives will be.

I really don't really get people's fixation on balcony cabins. I've had one before & choosing between just having a balcony & nothing else vs an interior room + excursions + spa access + massages + multiple nights of steakhouse & Italian + extra money left for drinks/souvenirs/pictures was a pretty easy choice for me. It's more of a slightly nice bonus rather than an actual experience. We'll only be in the room to change & at night, so as long as there's a bed, I'm happy with it.

I figured that would be the case for the spa reservations, thanks for the advice! The time we do it isn't that important, so I'm fine waiting to save some money to spend on other things.

For what it's worth, spa appointments on port days are already significantly discounted if you buy in advance as opposed to sea days. Spa appointments are further discounted in the morning hours, etc. I don't know how much more of a discount would be available on board, or if discounts are available for all services so that you would know for sure it was worth it to wait specifically for a discounted couple's massage. If you do book ahead, at least you can pinpoint your date and time and know you will have exactly what you want. To see the built in discounts for various dates and times, just go through the process of booking online. A page will come up with various dates, times, and costs for you to take a look at.

I've looked at that & it looks like it's discounted from $299 to $239, so not massive, but enough to make a difference. My biggest issue I see now with booking in advance is that it will show up in our booking info. Since I'm wanting this to be a surprise, looks like waiting is going to be the right way to go regardless of discounts!

I'm not much into telling anyone else what they will enjoy because all cruisers value different things about cruising.

Personally I've sailed in many balcony cabins, and in a spa interior on the Breeze. I can't recall whether you have specified which ship you will be on, but on the Dream, Magic and Breeze I prefer an interior spa to a balcony.

The Cloud 9 spas on those Dream class ships are amazing. Moving from the heated loungers to the T-pool is incredible. Your cabin gives you unlimited access, no reservations required.

If you're sailing on any other ship totally disregard this. They don't have a Cloud 9 spa.

Yep, we'll be on the Magic. For us, the spa interior cabin was the way to go without a question! Massive price difference & much more perks than just having a balcony & a bit more space.

Splendor, Sunshine, Vista and Horizon have Cloud 9 Spa areas.

We're on the Magic as well, I'll post some sort of update afterward of how our Spa cabin was!

I really don't really get people's fixation on balcony cabins. I've had one before & choosing between just having a balcony & nothing else vs an interior room + excursions + spa access + massages + multiple nights of steakhouse & Italian + extra money left for drinks/souvenirs/pictures was a pretty easy choice for me. It's more of a slightly nice bonus rather than an actual experience. We'll only be in the room to change & at night, so as long as there's a bed, I'm happy with it.

I figured that would be the case for the spa reservations, thanks for the advice! The time we do it isn't that important, so I'm fine waiting to save some money to spend on other things.

I definitely can’t argue with your logic for booking an inside room. Don’t recall if you mentioned it before, but Magic is my favorite Carnival ship. No doubt you will have a great time on your cruise. I had a cruise booked on Vista earlier this year but after sailing on Vista last year, I cancelled the cruise on Vista and booked a cruise on Magic instead.

Yes they do. Reviews I have read all indicate they are not the same thing. If this is a misconception on my part I am pleased to be corrected.

You are correct! The Vista's version of the Thalassotherapy pool is a joke (they can only call it that because of the water content) but the other ships mentioned have the wonderful T-pool with the long tube lounger and waterfall faucet thingies. If you Google the ships by name you can see the difference.

I've looked at that & it looks like it's discounted from $299 to $239, so not massive, but enough to make a difference. My biggest issue I see now with booking in advance is that it will show up in our booking info. Since I'm wanting this to be a surprise, looks like waiting is going to be the right way to go regardless of discounts!

Yep, we'll be on the Magic. For us, the spa interior cabin was the way to go without a question! Massive price difference & much more perks than just having a balcony & a bit more space.

When you actually book online and are going through payment info it should give you the option to book it as a surprise so it won’t show up on the booking! It let me do it with flowers and chocolate strawberries last night.

I recommend not to book in advance, not because of price but because there are flaws with the system and the spa on each ship is different - some are great but others are more like high-pressure timeshares. My recommendation is check out the spa on the first day and get a feel for it, then if it seems good book something.

Here's more on those pre-booking and high pressure sales issues...

[YOUTUBE]J5I65kBC2O0[/YOUTUBE]

I definitely can’t argue with your logic for booking an inside room. Don’t recall if you mentioned it before, but Magic is my favorite Carnival ship. No doubt you will have a great time on your cruise. I had a cruise booked on Vista earlier this year but after sailing on Vista last year, I cancelled the cruise on Vista and booked a cruise on Magic instead.

Glad to hear it sounds like I made the right choice! I did a lot of research before booking this particular ship & itinerary. 15 days away now!!

When you actually book online and are going through payment info it should give you the option to book it as a surprise so it won’t show up on the booking! It let me do it with flowers and chocolate strawberries last night.

Ohhh, good to know, thanks! Now I'm back to trying to decide between the 2 options, haha.

You are correct! The Vista's version of the Thalassotherapy pool is a joke (they can only call it that because of the water content) but the other ships mentioned have the wonderful T-pool with the long tube lounger and waterfall faucet thingies. If you Google the ships by name you can see the difference.

Thank you. I try not to spread incorrect information and hope someone will correct me if I do.