Cheers to $20 max drink?

JaxsMama

This stinks, but: By definition, this isn't a bait and switch.

the action (generally illegal) of advertising goods that are an apparent bargain, with the intention of substituting inferior or more expensive goods.

What is your definition?

He's not just some guy on social media. He's a Carnival employee and spokesperson.

This. What comes off as goofiness is actually well-planned out and representative of Carnival. You think cruise directors wing it? I'm sure JH has his ideas and schticks well scripted in advance by himself of course.

I was on Vista last week and my Grey Goose VX tonics were $17 a piece so 3 a day "broke even" with Cheers.

the action (generally illegal) of advertising goods that are an apparent bargain, with the intention of substituting inferior or more expensive goods.

What is your definition?

I am glad you asked.

First, there has to be a "Bait" product or service that either exists in extremely limited quantity, or does not even exist.

When the consumer attempts to make the purchase of the "Bait" product, they learn that it is no longer available, or somehow it does not apply to them.

Then, the "Switch" - A more expensive product/service is offered as a substitute.

They're not selling Cheers! that doesn't exist, and instead offering you Cheers2! for $75. They just changed the TOS, and published it.

Not liking something doesn't make it fraud.

I am glad you asked.

First, there has to be a "Bait" product or service that either exists in extremely limited quantity, or does not even exist.

When the consumer attempts to make the purchase of the "Bait" product, they learn that it is no longer available, or somehow it does not apply to them.

Then, the "Switch" - A more expensive product/service is offered as a substitute.

They're not selling Cheers! that doesn't exist, and instead offering you Cheers2! for $75. They just changed the TOS, and published it.

Not liking something doesn't make it fraud.

I purchased the package months ago for a November cruise. So I guess your agreeing with me. LOL;p

Here's the google cache of the cheers program page as of Aug 21st 2018 (3 days ago)

This is before they changed it and still shows the $50 per drink

I've printed mine out on paper to take with me as my almost 1,000 purchase was for this product, not whatever it was changed to.

https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:Txd1rNRlBysJ:https://www.carnival.com/FunShops/item/sqa/cheers+&cd=10&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Thank you for providing the link. Printing. We purchased in May for September cruise and just in case there is Whisky or Rum for hubby over $20 I would think it should be honored. We shall see.

It's hard to believe some people continue to give any credence to what some guy on social media says.

Check the Carnival website for facts about Carnival.

It tells you when it was updated The date shows today.

If carnival were worried about being accused of fraud they would simply cancel your cheers and make you rebook it. They aren't worried. They have all over their site that terms of service may change.

Besides, are you really going to be affected that much??

and anyone who doesn't like the change is free to cancel their order.

Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if people going out of their way to find the most expensive drinks and slamming those helped influence the change. Carnival could have simply raised the price, instead.

Lol...

I never found a $50 drink anyway.

But now that everyone had been complaining about having that high a limit and unable to buy something that costs that much. They wanted to get the absolute most for their money, not because they drank that but more how to stick it to Carnival as much as they can.

Fast forward to now and this is the latest plot that Carnival builds these intricate multi step plans that will take all upper shelf booze and price it just above the new limit.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

and anyone who doesn't like the change is free to cancel their order.

Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if people going out of their way to find the most expensive drinks and slamming those helped influence the change. Carnival could have simply raised the price, instead.

Like the ones that go to the free liquor tasting and slam those samples... The sales people always have to tell them not to... Lol