Question about additional adult traveling on our reservation

DENIE

With the ongoing fares offering 50% off for 3rd and 4th passengers, we offered an invitation for my SIL to join the wife and I. I just completed the on-line check in, and noted that they do a "soft" credit card info request (request for last 4 digits only). Did not see any option but to have all 3 of us on the same account. My SIL intends to pay all her own expenses on board. So...the question is, at check in, can she arrange to have her seapass set up with her own credit card? Or because we are all 3 on the same reservation, do we just apply all onboard charges to our account, and "settle up" after the cruise?

Surely this comes up often when traveling with other adult family members, I just did not see how to handle this with the on-line check in.

As always, I appreciate the feedback from CC folks!

With the ongoing fares offering 50% off for 3rd and 4th passengers, we offered an invitation for my SIL to join the wife and I. I just completed the on-line check in, and noted that they do a "soft" credit card info request (request for last 4 digits only). Did not see any option but to have all 3 of us on the same account. My SIL intends to pay all her own expenses on board. So...the question is, at check in, can she arrange to have her seapass set up with her own credit card? Or because we are all 3 on the same reservation, do we just apply all onboard charges to our account, and "settle up" after the cruise?

Surely this comes up often when traveling with other adult family members, I just did not see how to handle this with the on-line check in.

As always, I appreciate the feedback from CC folks!

You didn't mention what cruise line but on Princess bookings in the cruise personalizer you put in information for each person so for the third person you can enter her cc information whereas under yours you would check you and your wife as being on your cc

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Forums mobile app

We tried to straighten out our credit card situation when our son traveled with us. We had them add his credit card for him and gave him one of the CAL packages since my husband doesn't drink alcohol. I thought the agent at the desk was confused about what we wanted so we went to Guest Services and sure enough she had put me on my son's credit card. They fixed it all for us.

DH and I usually do separate accounts with separate credit cards. I think we did that at time of online check-in. (An aside, I'm not sure that I would recommend this particularly, because they didn't split up the shore excursion we bought before boarding, although I think they did split the OBC evenly. We chose to use separate CCs in order to manage frequent flyer miles. I think it may have made keeping up with our onboard account unduly difficult. This trip was hard because we had excursions ccancelled, added new ones, changed some reservations, generally just confusing)