A Symphony of thoughts

Marseilles continued: from the gate we walked to the old port but the line for the Petit Train was very long so we skipped that and walked up to the Cours Julien area, known for its street art.

Vibrant multi cultural area.

7c0adf1767bfe940aecaba6aa69e92d9.jpg

8bfb5006ced092934b9cbe9b32fd01aa.jpg

After a great lunch and some crisp cold Rose de Provence we walked back to the gate, and caught the free bus back to the ship.

Hairspray was packed. People near us spoke all the way through it [emoji34]

Late dinner in the Solarium

5d136a1655deb5bb0776ffdc461bd882.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wednesday-La Spezia. After even more research we decided to DIY to the Cinque Terre. Bought the train tickets on line €16pp.

Cab to the station was €15

Frequent trains running to a random timetable... but it worked!

We only did 3 of the towns...Vernazza, Manarola and Riomaggiore. All very charming and very pretty. A lot of steps!

You get a wonderful view of Portovenere as you sail in portside.

Thanks for posting the show schedules; we are set for the ones that take reservations, but I've added Iskate 2.0, the Headlner show and the Saturday "Anchors Aweigh" to my list of things to do. Was there a midnight Balloon Drop on one day?

Some Oasis class ships add a second, shorter show in the Aquatheater. If you see that on a Daily Compass, would you post the day and time?

Have you seen any specials being offered on dining? Such as BOGO, First Night Done Right, 2, 3, or more nights as a package?

How about the 10 drink cards for $75?

Keep sharing--We get on board in Civitavecchia 3 weeks from tomorrow.

Would love to see the planned activities page from the daily Cruise Compass.

Thanks,

Barb

I am going to add a couple thoughts. Boarding as very easy and agree the muster is weird and not very helpful.

WindJammer can be confusing. In the past they have been set up with each section having identical choices, but here that is not the case. You have to see the whole thing to know what all is offered. A posted menu would be helpful and could avoid a lot of waste. Who wants to walk around the entire crowded windjammer to discover the fried eggs are all the way in the back? Also, no real bar attached, but the staff will bring you drinks.

We enjoyed HairSpray and Hiro. Wonderland and Hooked were both very good. The service has been excellent everywhere.

Dear L..... ehhh Little Britain,

thanks again for a great review and wonderful pictures! We miss you again grrrr, we board Sunday 9/9.

Do you have any idea how many D,D+ and P will be on 9/9 ?? When is Top Tier? What is the fee for dinner in the Bistro Cafë??

Enjoy the rest of your cruise to the max!!

Thanks a lot and hope to sea you soon again,

Ger and Jeannette.

So is that dynamic pricing that has been applied to VOOM or I wonder if that's Spanish VAT being added.

Maybe dynamic pricing as on everything else cruise related these days, but Spanish VAT was definitely added once the purchase was done on the ship sailing on a full European Union cruise. Spanish VAT is more or less like this as far as I know:

10% additional tax on food and drinks.

20% additional tax for all other purchases on board.

If you are coming from out of the EU, I suggest you pre purchase whatever you wish and can on the planner to avoid those taxes once you are purchasing outside the EU!

Have a nice day!

We boarded terminal B and yes, the bottle shop is definitely still there ( and no further screening once you boarded the ship .. wink wink)

By European regulations those shops past security on ports and airports are considered duty free shops belonging to the port and airport management of the sites. Companies are forbidden to screen whatever else the pax buy there. Just in case, I suggest that you ask the shop employees to put a ports authorities stamp on those bottles if they are not stamped previously (as per my experience they usually are already stamped).

...And let me to give even just another interesting curiosity: Port of Barcelona is currently managed by... Royal Caribbean, exactly! I wonder if they don't charge any corkage fees by consuming wine from those bottles on the MDR! Perhaps not!... :)

Wednesday-La Spezia. After even more research we decided to DIY to the Cinque Terre. Bought the train tickets on line €16pp.

Cab to the station was €15

Frequent trains running to a random timetable... but it worked!

We only did 3 of the towns...Vernazza, Manarola and Riomaggiore. All very charming and very pretty. A lot of steps!

You get a wonderful view of Portovenere as you sail in portside.

Great Review. Question on La Spezia - did you have to exchange your online train ticket or have it validated before boarding the train?

Great Review. Question on La Spezia - did you have to exchange your online train ticket or have it validated before boarding the train?

No we just had the paper print off. We asked if we had to somehow validate it but we were told no.

Highly recommended getting the ticket beforehand on line as the station was chaos and very busy.

We left the ship at 9:30 and we were at the station before 10. Train left platform 1 at 10:15a. 25 mins to the furthest of the 5 villages.

Pictures to follow shortly!

Dear L..... ehhh Little Britain,

thanks again for a great review and wonderful pictures! We miss you again grrrr, we board Sunday 9/9.

Do you have any idea how many D,D+ and P will be on 9/9 ?? When is Top Tier? What is the fee for dinner in the Bistro Cafë??

Enjoy the rest of your cruise to the max!!

Thanks a lot and hope to sea you soon again,

Ger and Jeannette.

Can’t believe we miss each other again!!!

I’ll find out the numbers for you tonight.

There was a general C&A on Monday at 4:30 but we didn’t go. Nothing special for Top tiers yet... they did offer the 3 usual tours - our Bridge tour was scheduled at 9:30a on Wednesday but as we wanted to be off quickly to get to the station we had to decline our invite.

Solarium Bistro is free for dinner but they ask you to reserve.

Perhaps see you on one of the Dubai cruises ?!?

Love to you both

LBx