A Symphony of thoughts

Hi Little Britain,

Thanks very much for taking the time to post your review, I really enjoyed reading it. I just have a quick question, is there a bar or a quick way to get an alcoholic drink at the Windjammer?

(Just over a month until I'm onboard and first thing I'm doing is getting a drink!)

I did not see any bar at the WJ (although I only went in there once!) but I believe the staff will get a drink for you from behind the scenes.

Closest bar would be one of the pool bars.

We had Love & Marriage, but no Quest, on our Baltic cruise last month. I was wondering why no Quest.

No they don't have these on the European cruises because of the language issues.

English speakers were definitely in a minority.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the great review! Looking forward to our cruise next July!

Did you notice if anyone carried water on? Do you know if this will be allowed in Miami?

The rules changed as of 9/1 and everyone can carry on water/soda....you can take 12 standard (17 oz) cans, bottles or cartons per stateroom.

I'm most excited about Wonderland!! We'll have to keep HO in mind :)

Both Wonderland and Hooked do Happy Hour between 5-7p. In Wonderland their cocktails are usually $13 but in HO it is 2 for $15 [emoji857]

Only guest entertainer this week

Is a magician Hector is Magic. Very talented and very good looking [emoji7]!

Symphony interports and 1400 joined in Rome.

Jackie and Jane are the hosts in the CL. Both charming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Which shows do you think should not be missed??

Sent from my iPad using Forums

1977 - great skating and athleticism, but storyline hard to follow though i guess it was along the lines of detectives chasing jewel thief to the 4 corners of the earth ?!!

Hiro - unbelievably good. Amazing feats

Hairspray - first time i've ever seen a production of this and thoroughly enjoyed. Feel good factor in abundance.

Flight - really wasn't fussed on this. Concept was ok but seemed thrown together. All back to front but guess that was done to facilitate the finale which was the best part.

I did not see any bar at the WJ (although I only went in there once!) but I believe the staff will get a drink for you from behind the scenes.

Closest bar would be one of the pool bars.

They had two mobile bars/ carts set up either side of the Windjammer on our Symphony cruise for you to purchase your wine beer water and cans of soda at lunchtime and in the evening.

Although in the evening only one side of the Windjammer was open which was ample.

We only dined in the Windjammer for dinner one evening but it was excellent.

Lunch was also very good.

Little Britain, Thank you so much for the informative review. I actually made notes...we leave on the 20th and you gave me more insight than any of the travel blogs/vlogs I've looked at. Thank you again

Thank you so much!:*

For what it is worth - we didn't stick to the spreadsheet at all ( apart from the shows and restaurants we had booked!). Breakfast was almost always a couple of danishes on our balcony from Park Cafe; we never set foot in the MDR, and despite our best efforts we didn't manage to get to every bar....

Maybe dynamic pricing as on everything else cruise related these days, but Spanish VAT was definitely added once the purchase was done on the ship sailing on a full European Union cruise. Spanish VAT is more or less like this as far as I know:

10% additional tax on food and drinks.

20% additional tax for all other purchases on board.

If you are coming from out of the EU, I suggest you pre purchase whatever you wish and can on the planner to avoid those taxes once you are purchasing outside the EU!

Have a nice day!

Agreed! You can get the Spanish VAT reimbursed in the airport before you leave, but the line is long and process is annoying!

Which shows do you think should not be missed??

Sent from my iPad using Forums

HIRO was absolutely amazing - even better than the aqua shows on the other Oasis ships we have been on! And we loved Flight. We preferred the iSkate 2.0 show to the regular 1977 ice show, but both must be seen!

Yes, far more children than we expected but as they are Spanish children they are all well behaved!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's interesting! We were on the same cruise (boarded in Civit) and commented on how few children we saw!

Thank you!! We are on her in Nov for Thanksgiving. I know it will be so different once it’s sailing here so it’s very hard to compare sailings but it is great to learn about the ship.

You did a great spreadsheet to visit all the dining venues, will you do an overall dining revue?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you for such a helpful review - very appreciated! And congrats on the Kate Spade, VAT and all [emoji4]. QUESTION about hairdryers: Are they the same handheld which must have the trigger constantly depressed for use??

The hairdryer is in the top drawer, it uses the USA plug and yes, you have to keep the button pressed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk