Star - Venice question

retiredawacs

Just curious if anyone has been on the Star recently out of Venice? What time did you dock back in Venice? What time were you able to disembark?

Our original schedule was to return at 7am so we booked flights out of Marco Polo airport at 10am. Now our schedule shows arriving at 8am :( Not sure what to do :confused:

Just off the Star yesterday in Venice, working on a review now. We docked around 7AM, and were off at 8:05AM (we picked the #1 luggage tags, which had the earliest time of 8:10am, but they started early). Our flight was at 12:45pm, and we were at the airport by 9:30am (used public transit from the bus station to the airport, on the 9am bus).

Just off the Star yesterday in Venice, working on a review now. We docked around 7AM, and were off at 8:05AM (we picked the #1 luggage tags, which had the earliest time of 8:10am, but they started early). Our flight was at 12:45pm, and we were at the airport by 9:30am (used public transit from the bus station to the airport, on the 9am bus).

Thanks for the quick response. Look forward to reading your review. We sail September 30.

Is it possible to take luggage off ourselves? We will only have 1 suitcase and a carryon. How long did checkin and security take at the airport?

Were you scheduled to arrive at 7a? Ours is scheduled to arrive at 8a. We have 9:45 taxi pick up scheduled at the pier. Not sure what time to disembark. I guess we should try to get an early luggage tag. Are the early tags hard to get?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Venice airport has a terrible reputation for being a zoo-I agree

certainly for low cost airlines within Europe they wont let you check in more than 2 hours before flight as they all share desks-so lots of people milling around and not enough seating

not sure about international flights but advice seems to be allow plenty of time for security

carry off own luggage is not supposed to be an option in Venice-port rules

however a recent thread reports no attempt to stop those carrying off own luggage

advise getting early luggage labels

pre arranged [land] taxi a good idea

availability on arrival at port hit or miss

people mover to P Roma where can get cheap bus to airport can have really long lines when several ships in port

water taxis take 30 mins from port to airport but about 100 euros

Alilagina cheaper but takes over an hour

You also may need to factor in a second choke point because some non-Shengen passengers have to go through a second control to check passports on the way to the gates. It took another 15-20 minutes of queuing at the entrance to the gates for our BA London flight in June. Not sure if the US/Canada flights are also funnelled through this checkpoint.

Please let me know when your review is done and where I can read it. Thanks

We also have just got off the star..self carry off of own luggage wasn't advertised on the disembarkation info given onboard but I asked at customer services and they said it was fine..there was a few of us carrying our own bags off

Sent from my SM-G930F using Forums mobile app

We also just walked off from Star easily on Sunday.

They actually had it in Daily paper that you need to get some different tags, but they were not necessary.

If you carry large luggage you need to disembark from deck #4.

Thanks for the good info. I'm worried, we are on the Star returning & Disembark on 10/28/18 which we just found out is their annual Marathon where many roads will be closed. We have a 1:15pm flight out of VCE, trying to figure out best way to get to the airport that morning. Open to suggestions. TIA

Thanks for the good info. I'm worried, we are on the Star returning & Disembark on 10/28/18 which we just found out is their annual Marathon where many roads will be closed. We have a 1:15pm flight out of VCE, trying to figure out best way to get to the airport that morning. Open to suggestions. TIA

Get trip insurance. Our Venice cruise last October didn't make it to port until after 1PM because of fog.

I wonder where... most of the “roads” in Venice either narrow narrow streets or canals with bridges.

Thank you everyone for your replies. In the process of changing our tickets.

Sounds like a good plan! 😉 we were just on this cruise, loved it!! We were allowed to take our luggage off ourselves at 7:30 am, we docked at 7:00. We opted for assisted disembarkation and were off the ship by 8:05. Very efficient, but we did have priority.

I’m also curious where the reviews are? Want to post one myself!