Is it ever cheaper to buy the water package on board?

Sherbertscamper

Purchasing water thru NCL has a lot of people up in arms. It is overpriced. They are liter bottles which you can get from the store (even a convenient store) for about $2 - $2.50 per bottle. A 12pk is about $34 prepurchased on NCL. This brings the bottle cost to about $2.83 each. I would rather buy the water for my cabin ahead is time instead of purchasing a 16oz bottle at the bar for$2.50 each.

BTW, I just purchased water for the cabin on my cruise in Nov so the pricing is right.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

Why not just take a couple of empty bottles on board and use the free water/ice that you can get on board. Also remember to empty any water bottles you have taken off the ship in the morning before re-boarding in the afternoon otherwise you will lose the bottles.

Bring aboard empty, open mouthed, sports bottles. You can refill them all over the ship, just make sure that you use supplied glasses (fill the plastic glass with water/ice, dump into your sports bottle, repeat until full, or you'll get yelled at.)

For the OP -- I wouldn't pay one penny to NCL for their bottled water, which is insanely overpriced.

It's strange that I stop at 7-11 every morning. Every morning I see people buying the same Aquafina bottled water for the same price per bottle as buying a case of water on the ship. People at 7-11 every morning don't bat an eyelash.

To the OP: Buy in advance so that you don't have to deal with it onboard.

Why not just take a couple of empty bottles on board and use the free water/ice that you can get on board. Also remember to empty any water bottles you have taken off the ship in the morning before re-boarding in the afternoon otherwise you will lose the bottles.

Well you won't lose the bottles just empty the contents in a suitable manner and voila empty bottles good to go !

Don't let them NCL H2O Pirates of the Caribbean Mediterranean 7 Other Seas Whatever take your empty bottles !

It's strange that I stop at 7-11 every morning. Every morning I see people buying the same Aquafina bottled water for the same price per bottle as buying a case of water on the ship. People at 7-11 every morning don't bat an eyelash.

I find it odd (and wasteful) that people buy/use bottled water at all (excepting extreme situations like Flint, MI).

To the OP: Buy in advance so that you don't have to deal with it onboard.

Thanks Bird Travels. I drink bottled water, sparkling/flat whatever.

You buy what you want. I personally don't like the taste of the ship's water. I also have well water at home that has tons on iron. So I don't mind paying for the water.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

Bring aboard empty, open mouthed, sports bottles. You can refill them all over the ship, just make sure that you use supplied glasses (fill the plastic glass with water/ice, dump into your sports bottle, repeat until full, or you'll get yelled at.)

For the OP -- I wouldn't pay one penny to NCL for their bottled water, which is insanely overpriced.

NCL's water is not over priced compared to what is available in convenience stores in this area. The costs including tax for a liter bottle is around $2.50. You pay about $2.83 on NCL. That is not a big difference.

I find it odd (and wasteful) that people buy/use bottled water at all (excepting extreme situations like Flint, MI).

Just keep in mind that it is far, far healthier than purchasing soda pop which they likely were purchasing in prior decades. Consequently it helps keep your health insurance down. The soda pop comes in a bottle as well so it a 1:1 match to damaging our eco system.

That said we do the refill the bottle with ship water trick.

Should I buy the water package before our cruise or wait until we are on board? It has been a while since we cruised with NCL, and I didn't realize that we can't even bring water aboard.

Thanks in advance!

Last year on the Star transatlantic, I purchased a case of water while on cruise (cheaper than one bottle at a time). It's a roll of the dice if it will be cheaper onboard. Good luck.

On my last cruise out of Miami last year I bought several 20oz bottles of water for $1.50ea out of the vending machine in the cruise terminal while I was waiting to board. Stuffed them into my carryon and walked on board with no problem. It worked out great for me!