Another Question About Price Drop After Final Payment

crawford

We are a week out from our cruise and Princess has dropped prices on their balcony cabins.

Have no OBC's or other perks associated with this cruise.

Have contacted my TA (big box, never used her before) about a refare or OBC.

My question is this: If I get no response from my booking agent, am I able to contact Princess myself or must I go through the TA?

I have read all the threads and realize it's a hit or miss proposition.

Thanks

You will need to go through your TA if Princess has them listed as your TA.

Also, with a week out from your cruise, I do not think Princess will do a simple refare -- they will likely cancel your original booking and then rebook at the new fare -- by cancelling the original you will lose quite a bit (75 - 100% of the booking)

I think it is a long shot at best but you might as well give yourself peace of mind and try. But your original statement just says “balcony cabins” were reduced.

For a reduction or re-faring of an existing booking, the exact cabin category you booked in must be available. If for example your cabin is booked in BD class, there must be availability in BD class for it to be re-fared. Just having “balcony cabins” with a lower price won’t work unless you are willing to cancel and rebook. Many of the lowest price sales for any class of cabin involve guarantees where Princess will assign your cabin.

Good luck!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I'll take a shot at it and let you know the outcome.

TA told me Princess had "upgraded" me from BF to BC.

Asked TA to send me back to BF; got enough of a refund to take care of our gratuities.

Moved forward 15 cabins on the Aloha deck. I'll take it! :D

NOTE: Realized that in the issue of a new booking number, my stock benefit disappeared. Just resubmitted!

I'll take a shot at it and let you know the outcome.

TA told me Princess had "upgraded" me from BF to BC.

Asked TA to send me back to BF; got enough of a refund to take care of our gratuities.

Moved forward 15 cabins on the Aloha deck. I'll take it! :D

NOTE: Realized that in the issue of a new booking number, my stock benefit disappeared. Just resubmitted!

You did well - impressed!

I had re-submit my stock when my TA made a change. I actually called them because Personalizer said I owed them money for excursions (lost OBC in my re-fare) and I wasn't sure how long it would take to get re-instated. The person re-instated it over the phone and said it was common to lose this (sounds stupid but was told that by Princess).

It is weird you have a new booking number though. I didn't have that. I would have been irritated if I had to rebook my excursions and the price had gone up.

You did well - impressed!

I had re-submit my stock when my TA made a change. I actually called them because Personalizer said I owed them money for excursions (lost OBC in my re-fare) and I wasn't sure how long it would take to get re-instated. The person re-instated it over the phone and said it was common to lose this (sounds stupid but was told that by Princess).

It is weird you have a new booking number though. I didn't have that. I would have been irritated if I had to rebook my excursions and the price had gone up.

Couldn't find my old form when I resubmitted for the stock OBC; might have been the same but didn't look quite like the old one..

Just glad to get something off with one week out.

Thanks!