NOT QUITE LIVE! — MS Zuiderdam — NYC to QC

*Miss G*

Thanks erewhon!

QC Continued:94ca2647d88524dbf22f2962c94fbd51.jpg

Tonight is our last night at the Pinnacle Grill. Two staff have departed and two new staff are in attendance. Gabor has asked Iyus to be Expediter so we have newly arrived Marian from Romania instead. Marian is very good at his job. We like Marian.

Here are some leftover random pics of the room/balcony:

Thanks everyone!

DAY 11 - QUEBEC CITY - DISEMBARKATION

Today is disembarkation. After our Saguenay experience, with the tainted aftermath, this does not make us sad. We have booked an extra few days in Quebec City and we are ready for a new adventure.

Off we go to our final breakfast at the Pinnacle Grill. But it is so quiet! Where is someone?! Ahh. Here comes the couple who wear the exact same outfits every day. They don’t disappoint. We finish up, say our goodbyes, and Gabor bows us out with a “See you tonight!” Gabor has a mean streak.

Disembarkation in Quebec City is pretty seamless. You walk off the ship, collect your bags, and head on out. There are multiple staff to bid you farewell and to assist you in the right direction.

We walk out of the terminal, make a left, then a right, and we are at our hotel. We have the Rolf Benz Suite at Hotel le Priori:

http://www.hotellepriori.com/hotel-le-priori-boutique-hotel-le-priori-en.html

This is how far we walked:

fcc2888b9835fcfb6eb25fb0bb3590ff.jpg

The hotel is expecting us because their communication via email is exceptional. They are used to receiving cruise ship passengers and they have a room blocked off for disembarking cruisers to drop off their bags. We are not the only ones. The Front Desk ladies are amazing. Kim tags and takes away our bags then checks us in and arranges for HOHO tickets. We will spend the day exploring the city until our room is available. She offers us bottled water and hot beverages but we ask for her favorite coffee shop recommendations. She marks them off on the map and off we go.

Today it is FREEZING. My husband’s weather report while we were on the ship was:

“It is going to be cold until 9:00 am. After that it is still going to be cold.” Unfortunately I didn’t get that weather report prior to releasing my bags to the luggage elves. I have taken precautions to wear some lighter clothes after yesterday’s experience of being dressed too warmly.

I am wrong.

We head to the HOHO bus wearing totally inappropriate clothing. We figure - this early and this cold - we will snag an inside seat. WRONG. We head upstairs with the rest of the misfortunates.

Oh. My. God. It is cold and it is windy and I am all huddled up willing the passengers up front behind the windshield to get off so I can run up there and try to get warm. That whirlpool tub in our room sounds amazing right now.

There are a lot of runners in Quebec. I am guessing they didn’t start out that way. They probably began as walkers until they stepped outside.

We discover Mary’s Popcorn at the top of a very steep flight of steps. Go here. You will not regret it. Here are the steps. They’re a little deceiving by pic.

aabfec33ba56010d6878fab807cf843c.jpg

The literal translation of the name of these stairs in English is: the breaking neck stairs!

Edited by 1of4

Miss G; not sure if you did already but, if not, you've got to see this awesome mural of important figures in Quebec's history, called "Fresque des Québécois" It is located on Cote de la Montagne, near Place Royale. Check out the kids playing hockey, one in Quebec Nordiques sweater #26, worn by Czechoslovakian star Peter Stastny :)

KKKKKK.jpg

fresques_complementaire_2.jpg

Funny that you mentioned the couple who wore the same clothes—that’s what I remember most about our Zuidy cruise. The older couples wearing the same clothes every night in the dining room! I guess because we sat at the same table each night (by the center window), and they walked past us each night. Maybe as we get older we can do this and finally pare down our luggage from our current three pieces. Better than the four we had on that first cruise !

Sent from my iPad using Forums

MissG

We have loved your reports and wonderful photos. We embark the Zuiderdam on Oct 13 and you have provided much information. Thank you.

Yesterday DH and I were trying to determine if we could walk to the ship from our hotel based on your photos of QC. Today's post confirmed that we can. We are staying at Le Priori too!

Miss G; not sure if you did already but, if not, you've got to see this awesome mural of important figures in Quebec's history, called "Fresque des Québécois" It is located on Cote de la Montagne, near Place Royale. Check out the kids playing hockey, one in Quebec Nordiques sweater #26, worn by Czechoslovakian star Peter Stastny :)

Yes! It was just down the street. I also loved the little alley in Upper Town which was nothing but artist paintings on both sides. I love that the city has so many art galleries.

Funny that you mentioned the couple who wore the same clothes—that’s what I remember most about our Zuidy cruise. The older couples wearing the same clothes every night in the dining room! I guess because we sat at the same table each night (by the center window), and they walked past us each night. Maybe as we get older we can do this and finally pare down our luggage from our current three pieces. Better than the four we had on that first cruise !

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It’s so weird! At least bring a change of clothes. There was one man who wore his bathrobe everywhere. Every day; every where. I never saw clothes beneath it but maybe there were. I didn’t look closely because of the fear factor.

MissG

We have loved your reports and wonderful photos. We embark the Zuiderdam on Oct 13 and you have provided much information. Thank you.

Yesterday DH and I were trying to determine if we could walk to the ship from our hotel based on your photos of QC. Today's post confirmed that we can. We are staying at Le Priori too!

That is awesome! I am so glad to have helped. It is an easy walk, even with luggage. I was almost on that cruise with you! That’s the one going to Fort Lauderdale right? Have a wonderful time.

QUEBEC CITY - Continued

We braved the circuit on the HOHO bus and got off where we got on. To warm up from the cold we walked to Kim’s recommended coffee shop: Les Cafes du Soleil. If you are ever in need of a quick sandwich, pastry, and a coffee this is your place. We walked around a bit more then headed back to our hotel. Even though we arrived early they had the room ready for us and our bags had already been taken up!

We were walked across the courtyard and shown the entrance to Les Suites. The elevator took us directly to our room since it’s the only room on that floor. It was beautiful!

For supper we walk across the street to Matto. Get here early if you do not have a reservation. It is Italian and it is fabulous. For starters, have the mussels (moules). They were amazing.

Here are some pics of our room. Sorry about the mess.

c2c7aaa307b2aa68c1e163da0f399877.jpg