Buying Bottle Liquor at Mexican Port to Bring Back Home.

Daddyoo

I read reviews of great places to buy specialty Tequila in Mexico ports. Knowing that bringing your own liquor onboard is forbidden . How do I get the Liquor on ship to take back home? Does the ship hold it for you if you tell them? or do they no longer check you backpack when boarding at destination ports?

We have UBP so would not be drinking it on ship. Need to know... If I should tell them or TRY to sneak 2 glass bottles onboard.

I put in back pack, if they find them, great, if they don't, even better! At least I know I'll be getting them back.

On several cruises to Mexico, security would see the bottles and let us come straight thru anyways! It all depends on the security team... Or play the distraction game, i.e., when you bag is about to go thru the scanner, have a friend say, 'wasssup' to the person scanning, lol!! It worked on our last cruise ;)

You will be directed to a table for them to hold it. In my experience I have seen a number of people skip the table. Personally I just turn it in, but if you bypass the table and are stopped all that will happen is that they will tell you to turn it in.

Just don't forget, if flying, to put those bottles in your checked bags so you aren't throwing them away at the TSA check (been there, done that :( )

In addition to this since you can't take your liquor on board as carry on and must be in checked luggage -

suggest wrapping that expensive bottle in a large towel and placed inside a plastic bag

no telling what the airline gorillas are going to do with the handling of your luggage.

Another cavet in packing liquor bottles:

DO NOT LET TWO GLASS BOTTLES TOUCH EACH OTHER without padding between !

If you are going to transport alcohol and are truly worried that it is going to leak you should consider buying an insulated wine bottle carrier such as these:

https://www.amazon.com/Sunwalla-Insulated-Wine-Carrier-Neoprene/dp/B01CF42APQ/ref=pd_lpo_vtph_79_bs_t_1?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=DRJSXTJPBT19MPXT79GT&dpID=41Cnwaatf8L&preST=_SX300_QL70_&dpSrc=detail