Getaway Aft Mini Suite -worth it?

BullyLvr

I’m sailing next year on the Getaway once it moves to New Orleans with one of my besties. We’re currently booked in a mid ship balcony. For about double the price:p we can get one of the 2 aft mini suites with the huge balcony!

I’ve always wanted an aft balcony; I’d cover the cost of the increase in this situation. I can’t get a good idea of the floor plan and layout - although it’s all about the balcony really. I guess I could get us a regular aft balcony, not mini suite but really do love the larger bathroom.

So, those of you who’ve had one of these rare aft mini suites on the away class ships, convince me it’s worth it! I looked at the Aft Haven penthouse — it’s 3 times our current booking price. Can’t do that.

The deck plans and square footage show it to be much larger than a regular balcony. But I can’t find a specific floor plan diagram of them. I didn’t think them being handicapped accessible would preclude me from booking them though. It sure doesn’t when I do a mock booking.

Nothing precludes you from booking, much like nothing precludes you from using a handicapped restroom. However, that means someone who NEEDS it can’t use it. You would need to decide how you feel about that. I, personally, wouldn’t pay double my current booking unless it was to go to a Haven cabin.

The deck plans and square footage show it to be much larger than a regular balcony. But I can’t find a specific floor plan diagram of them. I didn’t think them being handicapped accessible would preclude me from booking them though. It sure doesn’t when I do a mock booking.

You can book one but think about the person in a wheelchair who has far fewer options as far as a HC stateroom. There are many more non-HC aft-facing balcony staterooms than there are HC aft-facing balcony staterooms and none of the aft-facing suites are HC.

They will look like this...

gZ5_TRtVscc

...and the port side one has a slightly smaller balcony than the starboard side one.

• 3 months later...
On ‎9‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 8:13 PM, Sand and Seas said:

Have you considered the Mini-Suites with Large balcony on deck 8? These are truly huge balconies. They are lacking an Aft view, but their location is great IMO. It's easy to grab a frosty drink or two that you can enjoy on that large balcony:cool:

This is what we went for.

We like larger balconies for visiting with family, but the larger Aft balconies were pricier than what we wanted to pay.  Anyway we have five cabins on the Getaway -- three are the minisuite large balconies on 8 which we will really enjoy (plenty of room and two loungers, two chair, and a table are out there already), one other cabin is a sail away balcony in the same area and one is an inside in the same area.  I totally understand you booking aft for that aft view if that's what you were really interested in.  If it was just balcony space and what I think is a decent location, these are IMHO a pretty good option.