Voom at Cococay?

LrgPizza

Is there wifi at Cococay? I've purchased the Voom stream service for my upcoming Mariner of the Seas cruise. I'm wondering if I will be able to surf while on land. Does the ship's Voom reach the island, or is there wifi on the island?

I generally stay disconnected when cruising, but I'm traveling alone, and it's imperative that I stay in contact with home. Obviously if I can't while on the island it's no big deal at all, I was just wondering.

When they dock instead of tender you should be able to pick up the ship if your not too far away.

Oh wow! I didn’t know they were going to start docking sometime in November. Maybe that will hit my cruise. I haven’t tendered for about 13 years. LOL!

EDIT: NEVER MIND. I just read another post that said it’s been pushed back to January.

Edited by LrgPizza

• 2 months later...
On 9/11/2018 at 6:26 PM, LrgPizza said:

Is there wifi at Cococay? I've purchased the Voom stream service for my upcoming Mariner of the Seas cruise. I'm wondering if I will be able to surf while on land. Does the ship's Voom reach the island, or is there wifi on the island?

I generally stay disconnected when cruising, but I'm traveling alone, and it's imperative that I stay in contact with home. Obviously if I can't while on the island it's no big deal at all, I was just wondering.

So which is it?

32 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Is there a cell tower now?

GSC next door (NCL's island) has a cell tower that covers CocoCay.  Bahama Telephone Company.  Works with TMobile.  Have friends with Vz that works with their $10 per day INTL pass. AT&T works as well based on your INTL roaming package.  

It's been that way since August 2017 when I first noticed cell coverage there.

On 9/11/2018 at 9:29 PM, LrgPizza said:

Oh wow! I didn’t know they were going to start docking sometime in November. Maybe that will hit my cruise. I haven’t tendered for about 13 years. LOL!

EDIT: NEVER MIND. I just read another post that said it’s been pushed back to January.

Late January, I'll wager.

IMG_3829.JPG