Inside Cabin for the First Time. Advice Requested.

SailorMarg

Good morning!

I think one step that may help, is to look at the deck plan directly above a cabin of interest. I’m not sure if that will definitely show a galley (or not), but I think it can (others will correct me if necessary).

Thank you - that's what I'll do!

Are some inside J/K better than others? I can look at deck plans but would like suggestions if possible.

Jim,

I can't list them (all) but here is what you do: Go to HAL website, click on The Experience, choose Our Ships, scroll to the bottom and either save the Deckplan pdf or take snips of Deck 1 and Deck 2 and print them to the same scale in word processor (Deck 1 is 0.1-0.2 shorter than Deck 2 if you enlarge them to 10" long to print). Stack the pages and hold up to light or window; line up the elevators.

I have noticed that the aft large insides (the K's on Zuiderdam) fill up fast. They are under the entrance to the dining room but not significant amount of the galley.

Use HAL's own deckplans and not a third party's because others may not have kept up with changes like the moving of BBKing's to the Queen's Lounge/ATK.

Note that the band-stand of BBKings is portside of the lounge.

Jim,

I can't list them (all) but here is what you do: Go to HAL website, click on The Experience, choose Our Ships, scroll to the bottom and either save the Deckplan pdf or take snips of Deck 1 and Deck 2 and print them to the same scale in word processor (Deck 1 is 0.1-0.2 shorter than Deck 2 if you enlarge them to 10" long to print). Stack the pages and hold up to light or window; line up the elevators.

I have noticed that the aft large insides (the K's on Zuiderdam) fill up fast. They are under the entrance to the dining room but not significant amount of the galley.

Use HAL's own deckplans and not a third party's because others may not have kept up with changes like the moving of BBKing's to the Queen's Lounge/ATK.

Note that the band-stand of BBKings is portside of the lounge.

Thank you so much.

We check into one of the large I's on Navigation this Saturday, I've stayed in every type of HAL cabin except an inside and really looking forward to it.

We're under the Hydrotherapy Pool so we don't expect a ton of noise at night.

I bought an electric night light and have phone apps for ocean/bird sounds along with ear buds.

Also have my first inside coming up on a 12-day Caribbean cruise and am a little nervous too. Keep thinking I should test waters on a shorter cruise first.

Inside cabin is great. Just completed 14 day cruise in an inside cabin. It was really dark and slept well. If you see any light through the walls someone is spying on you :eek:

:eek::eek::eek:

Don't be nervous. Especially in Caribbeans many people spend majority of time near the pool or at least on open decks.

We for example only change, sometimes have short nap and sleep at night in our cabin balcony or inside (we never book an ocean view).

Have over 350 days on HAL, almost all with inside cabin. They are steadier (i,e, less noticeable roll) in heavy seas, and we on

Y use them to sleep and change clothes. No point in cruising if all you want to do is sit in your cabin. Outside cabins provide a view of miles and miles of water. Very boring, for the extra cost.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Have over 350 days on HAL, almost all with inside cabin. They are steadier (i,e, less noticeable roll) in heavy seas, and we on

Y use them to sleep and change clothes. No point in cruising if all you want to do is sit in your cabin. Outside cabins provide a view of miles and miles of water. Very boring, for the extra cost.

Inside cabins have their advantages, but the view of choppy water from a lower oceanview I find almost mesmerizing. If it’s a flat expanse of water stretching for miles then yeah, not real interesting.