Why did the Escape skip Bar Harbor today?

Norovirus595

on gem now.

sailed past bar harbor last night on way to boston. (returning from Quebec).

water was choppy but wasnt 70 foot waves like it was on the Breakaway a couple of years ago. (waves reached Promenade/atrium level back then.)

also curious why Escape skipped Bar Harbor

Guessing it has to do with the marine forecast.

Gale Warning in effect through this evening

Coastal Waters From Eastport, Me To Schoodic Point, Me

Rest Of Today

S winds 20 to 25 kt. Gusts up to 35 kt this afternoon. Seas 7 to 10 ft. A chance of rain with patchy drizzle. Areas of fog. Vsby 1 nm or less.

Tonight

SW winds 20 to 25 kt, becoming W after midnight. Gusts up to 35 kt. Seas 7 to 10 ft. Rain likely with a chance of tstms. Areas of fog. Vsby 1 nm or less.

Sailed on this one. Port was closed due to 0 visibility - could not see balcony rail from balcony door. No tenders being sent out.

This. Super foggy and unsafe. Disappointing to miss Acadia, but very understandable.

If we'd missed both Portland and Bar Harbor I'd have been a very unhappy gal since we mostly chose this cruise to scratch Maine off our bucket list, but I'd have still sucked it up like a buttercup. Traveling we hope for great weather, but rarely get it and thank our lucky stars when it happens.

This. Super foggy and unsafe. Disappointing to miss Acadia, but very understandable.

If we'd missed both Portland and Bar Harbor I'd have been a very unhappy gal since we mostly chose this cruise to scratch Maine off our bucket list, but I'd have still sucked it up like a buttercup. Traveling we hope for great weather, but rarely get it and thank our lucky stars when it happens.

I live in Maine, a little bit from Bar Harbor, and this time of year the weather is so incredibly unpredictable. The forecast for today was cool and sunny, but it's been raining all day.

I'm glad you didn't miss all of the state though. It is very pretty in the fall!

I live in Maine, a little bit from Bar Harbor, and this time of year the weather is so incredibly unpredictable. The forecast for today was cool and sunny, but it's been raining all day.

I'm glad you didn't miss all of the state though. It is very pretty in the fall!

Thats a shame, looks fine now... http://geddys.com/geddys-cams/

Sailed on this one. Port was closed due to 0 visibility - could not see balcony rail from balcony door. No tenders being sent out.

I just got off of the NCL Gem B2B cruises New England and Canada. We did stop at Bar Harbor. Tenders were running ... but it was POURING rain and fog down to the ground. NCL did NOT cancel the shore excursions ... which was really a cheap, greedy move on their part. The people who did go on the excursions came back saying you could see NOTHING due to the fog and torrential rain. I only had a reservation for a private excursion and hadn't paid for it yet ... so I didn't bother going ashore.

Fog and wind... was on this one, no visibility till mid afternoon!! Fog horn sounded every few minutes... we got obc refund of port fees. We were told the port was closed by Bar Harbor and our safety was the most important reason to ncl.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums