Watching ships from Port Canaveral

I am looking for a restaurant to watch the Oasis sail by. Where can I do this? Thanks!:)

Unfortunately, Oasis does not pass by any restaurants. Grills would be closest, but Oasis will not pass by since she docks east of Grills, and travels east to leave the port area.

Grills

as mentioned Grills is next to the OASIS berth ... but I mean NEXT TO

{OASIS is always at T-1 which is the primary RCL terminal}

if they park starboard side to - folks on the stern can be looking down on outside tables at Grills! If they park port side to, the bow seems to be overhanging the tables . .

This pict shows a smaller RCL ship . .

grills-seafood-30.jpg

grills-seafood-26.jpg

The ship will depart to the 'right'

Fishlips is about a half block 'left'

Edited by Capt_BJ

if you really want to see a 'sail past' there are two options I'd suggest

1. At the entrance to the port, on the south side, is Jetty Park. Here there is a fishing pier and breakwater where you can be close to the ships departing. There IS a per car park fee . ..

2. Just west of this nice park is a smaller area with less parking but FREE!!!!! But this area is also a construction area ..... do you feel lucky?

if you really want to see a 'sail past' there are two options I'd suggest

1. At the entrance to the port, on the south side, is Jetty Park. Here there is a fishing pier and breakwater where you can be close to the ships departing. There IS a per car park fee . ..

2. Just west of this nice park is a smaller area with less parking but FREE!!!!! But this area is also a construction area ..... do you feel lucky?

Very helpful, thank you!

There is a small restaurant with outdoor seating that opened last fall just outside of the entrance to jetty park next to the public boat ramps. We were in there in August, and the menu is basic but good - I think Fishlips runs it.

Unfortunately, Oasis does not pass by any restaurants. Grills would be closest, but Oasis will not pass by since she docks east of Grills, and travels east to leave the port area.
There's a very exclusive pet friendly venue a few miles south of the port.

However, the Cocoa Beach Pier would be nice as well.

8a572e969572aef501a79d4fed56ba50.jpg9b5e231bc3603b683b659957d124e676.jpg49fd776bc2818a522cda75a93cfa7fb6.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Here is a video from my drone. This is at Jetty Park. Think the day pass is $15. I also think this is the BEST place to watch the cruises leave.

You can also park on Washington Ave and walk the beach to Jetty Park. [emoji6]

There's a very exclusive pet friendly venue a few miles south of the port.

However, the Cocoa Beach Pier would be nice as well.

Excellent drink prices at that establishment too!

Grills or fishlips would be close depending on which dock it leaves from

There are several choices. Having done Fishlips and Grills twice each, I prefer the food at Grills a little more. There was another place, Milliken's Reef I think at the far western end closer to those ships but far away from Terminal 1. We did get a good up close view of Oasis' sail away and other ships sailing by last month.

oasis1.jpg

carni.jpg

oasisleave.jpg

Here is a couple of views from Fishlips.

fishlips.gif

valor.jpg

With a large group Fishlips has the upper level with more room. Get there early (3pm) for a good seat.

There are several choices. Having done Fishlips and Grills twice each, I prefer the food at Grills a little more. There was another place, Milliken's Reef I think at the far western end closer to those ships but far away from Terminal 1. We did get a good up close view of Oasis' sail away and other ships sailing by last month.

Milliken's no longer exists...it is now Gators Dockside.

Milliken's no longer exists...it is now Gators Dockside.

Thanks for that update, I didn't even notice when we were there three weeks ago. I haven't heard much about it, but will watch for reviews. Did the storms of 2016 or 2017 kill Millikins?

Thanks for that update, I didn't even notice when we were there three weeks ago. I haven't heard much about it, but will watch for reviews. Did the storms of 2016 or 2017 kill Millikins?
Been going downhill for a while

No the storms did not cause it to close...I was told they just sold out....Gators began hiring staff as of this past weekend so I look for them to officially open in the next couple of weeks. They did an extensive remodel so I will check it out as soon as they open and report back.

I quit going when they stopped $5 wings

Yes the Happy Hour with multiple $5.00 app choices during sail away was a great thing while it lasted. I also vote the location does offer the best view. I can hope they enhanced it with the build out. Interesting the Captain BJ does not like Gators food. I occasionally stop by the location off of Wickham in Melbourne and find their grilled wings to be some of the tastiest around!

Yes the Happy Hour with multiple $5.00 app choices during sail away was a great thing while it lasted. I also vote the location does offer the best view. I can hope they enhanced it with the build out.!

Definitely great views until terminal 1 was built. I'll keep any eye on this place and possibly give it a try some day.