"View First Unread" in a Thread

1 minute ago, HOSKI said:

Thank you, thank you, that was driving me crazy.  Some threads are 39 pages long and I was not going to scroll through them.

You always have the option to move to the last page. You don’t have to scroll through each page individually. 

17 hours ago, Globaliser said:

I can't see the blue dots on this page: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/followed/?type=forums_topic&change_section=1

I can see them elsewhere, but that would be a really useful place to have blue dots.

"Manage Followed Content" shows you what you're following but it's intended more to manage what you follow, not necessarily visit in a daily basis.

For what you're looking for, I think you'd be happier setting up an Activity Stream.  The Default stream titled "Activity I Follow" is close, but it will show a different activity every time someone replies to the thread. You can customize it to only show each updated thread once. Click on "Show filters" if necessary, and under "Show me" change the selection from "Content items, comments, and reviews" to "Content items only." You'll be prompted to save the new Activity Stream, and then it will appear under the heading "Custom streams," which is below "Default Streams."

• Like 1

Wow, nothing like making it complicated.  It was so easy in the old format to see all thread's I had posted in and to see ones that had new content.  And to get too first unread posts.  

Now, seems overly complicated and I don't even want to figure all this out.  Hopefully a lot of things are still being tweaked.

All I want is an easy to get to list of my posts with new comments in bold, like before.  Took two clicks.  Now ?

1 minute ago, Nebr.cruiser said:

Wow, nothing like making it complicated.  It was so easy in the old format to see all thread's I had posted in and to see ones that had new content.  And to get too first unread posts.  

Now, seems overly complicated and I don't even want to figure all this out.  Hopefully a lot of things are still being tweaked.

All I want is an easy to get to list of my posts with new comments in bold, like before.  Took two clicks.  Now ?

Navigate to https://boards.cruisecritic.com/discover/followed-content/ and put a shortcut to it on your home screen/desktop. It is close to what you want. When you are more comfortable with the site you can explore creating a Custom Stream that will more accurately provide the content you want.

For those who would like to click on the thread title (rather than the blue dot/star) and to straight to the first unread post, here's something to try in the Activity Stream.

Set it up so that it shows you your followed threads. In the menu bar with the drop-down options, click "Read Status". The default setting seems to be "Everything". Change it to "Unread item links take me to the first unread comment".

Does that do the job? I don't currently have any unread items in followed threads on which I can try it.

If it works, then you can of course then save that setting.

2 hours ago, Globaliser said:

Set it up so that it shows you your followed threads. In the menu bar with the drop-down options, click "Read Status". The default setting seems to be "Everything". Change it to "Unread item links take me to the first unread comment".

Does that do the job?

Yes, that works! Thanks!

Obviously it changes it only in that activity stream. If you go directly to a given section the forum titles have their default function and you need to click on the dot to go to the first unread.

Edited by Underwatr