Season 9 of Yellow Fish Cruises blog has begun

PescadoAmarillo

PescadoAmarillo, thank you for once again taking us along on your adventures. You are living my future retirement dream! Until then, I will live vicariously through both of you.

We are doing our first true back to back and have a turnover day in Port Everglades on December 30. I know that you and G often go over to the Harbour shops area on your turnover days. When you leave the ship, is there a special exit for B2B passengers or do you still have to get in line with everybody else who is getting off with their luggage?  If we do have to stand in the regular line, what would be the optimal time to get off and avoid the crowds?  Ideally, we would like to get off as soon as it is allowed (the shops we want to go to are open by 8:00 that day). Thank you! 

• 2 months later...
On 10/18/2018 at 11:45 AM, PescadoAmarillo said:

Thanks everyone. We’re on our way!

And just like that leg 1 & 2 are over.  Thanks for taking us along.  I leave today for my 60th Birthday cruise to Mexico on the Grand.  Enjoy your time in Hawaii................  Brenda in California

• Like 1

On 11/4/2018 at 6:31 AM, h-sar said:

PescadoAmarillo, thank you for once again taking us along on your adventures. You are living my future retirement dream! Until then, I will live vicariously through both of you.

We are doing our first true back to back and have a turnover day in Port Everglades on December 30. I know that you and G often go over to the Harbour shops area on your turnover days. When you leave the ship, is there a special exit for B2B passengers or do you still have to get in line with everybody else who is getting off with their luggage?  If we do have to stand in the regular line, what would be the optimal time to get off and avoid the crowds?  Ideally, we would like to get off as soon as it is allowed (the shops we want to go to are open by 8:00 that day). Thank you! 

I'm not Pescado Amarillo...but I've done lots of B2Bs.

You'll be given instructions (delivered to your cabin) a day or 2 before turn around day. Follow the instructions to the exactly.

Edited by JF - retired RRT

On 10/31/2018 at 9:57 PM, PescadoAmarillo said:

Spending a night in Civitavecchia before boarding the NCL Spirit tomorrow. I will continue to write blog posts but publishing will be delayed a day or few. 

I loved the Spirit. It is the only NCL I have ever done. It is such an elegant old girl...

I’ve been an avid reader of your cruise blog  since you started.  And I’m kicking myself for not looking up your blog sooner this season.  After reading your washed out visit to Taipei on December 30, I wish I had started reading your blog earlier.  I was in Taipei on December 30 and I could have met you at TAIPEI 101 and taken you through the wonderful subway system in Taipei and show you what a wonderful city Taipei is—the food, the sights, and the people, even with downpour. 

I hope you visit Taiwan again!

Edited by merela

I just this moment realized there were more comments added to this thread that I hadn’t yet seen. Thanks, everyone, for following along. We are enjoying Hawaii for a few more weeks then will head home to the last of winter. (I’ve been adding a few Hawaii photos if you need a sunset to warm you up). 

Marela, I’m sorry we missed you in Taipei. That was our one and only stop there this season, and the weather certainly didn’t cooperate but we loved to see the city gearing up for New Year’s Eve. 

H-sar, you’ve already done your B2B. As JF said, everything you needed to know was in a letter sent to your cabin the last night of the first cruise. I hope you found it fun and easy.

I’m sorry some of you had to search to find the blog this year. I sent out over 1000 emails that I was beginning it (I send one to anyone who has emailed me about the blog at some point in the past)...and 999 were returned undeliverable. I don’t know what that was about, but it was just a couple of days before we flew to London and there was no time to figure it out. I am going to add a subscibe link to the blog when I return home (I need my laptop to do that), and reconstruct a distribution list for that initial email over the summer. 

That’s assuming there is a Season 10 blog, of course...or even a Season 10. At this point, it’s hard to think about either, having not been home in over three months. Thanks for your encouraging words. Knowing you are reading is strong motivation to keep writing. Here’s wishing you safe and fun travels in 2019!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I have followed your blog since the beginning and loved everything you wrote.  You went to so many of the places I have cruised to and would have loved to have commented on the blog, just I couldn't work out how to:classic_rolleyes:  Hopefully you will do another Season so we can all join in again.  Thank you.