How to turn off Activity Stream?

• Administrators
1 hour ago, LauraS said:

I am working on all of the above.  This feature is "out of the box" and I'm searching to turn it off.  I agree, I don't get why anyone needs to know what post I'm reading.

DONE.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, LauraS said:

I am working on all of the above.  This feature is "out of the box" and I'm searching to turn it off.  I agree, I don't get why anyone needs to know what post I'm reading.

Thanks again. While at it, why would anyone need to know that I'm following a certain roll call without explicitly saying I don't want that to be public? I mean, if I want other people to know I'm on a certain voyage I'd post a message. The same holds for any other thread as well. This is a very similar issue I think?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, LauraS said:

I hope you're also working on the aspect of this being so hard for some of us to navigate. It should tell you something when so many of us are unhappy with all the steps needed to do what used to be simple.

46 minutes ago, Ashland said:

I hope you're also working on the aspect of this being so hard for some of us to navigate. It should tell you something when so many of us are unhappy with all the steps needed to do what used to be simple.

Rather than saying "it's so hard" and without just saying "like the old site", perhaps some detailed suggestions about how navigation could be made easier would help.

Agreed.  They've done a lot of work this week to make the new site function a lot like the old site.  I cannot imagine how people are still getting totally lost if they were using the old site on a computer.  It is basically set up like the old board but with added functionality.

On 10/24/2018 at 1:00 PM, LauraS said:

I agree, I don't get why anyone needs to know what post I'm reading.

Thanks, LauraS!

May I please add a request that when you access a custom Activity Stream created by someone else (as a random example: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/discover/489/), the name of the creator of that Activity Stream is not shown?

Laura, I believe your solution also may have inadvertently disabled the feature of seeing someone's 'last visited' information, and the green light showing when someone is currently online or not.

I found this feature useful, as I suspect others did as well. Is this feature coming back, or is it gone for good at this point?

• Like 1