Meet and Mingle

9 minutes ago, Lady Hudson said:

Is there still a confirmed list somewhere?  Am I missing it?  Think I am ok with this new format but still getting used to it.  Katherine 

The confirmed list stopped working months ago.

They used to have a list that told you *when* and *where* the event would take place.  That hasn't worked for a while.  You can still get the numbers of attendees.

That being said, lately, the M&M's have been a real bust.  People come in, grab some freebies and raffle tickets and leave after the raffle.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Cigar King said:

They used to have a list that told you *when* and *where* the event would take place.  That hasn't worked for a while.  You can still get the numbers of attendees.

That being said, lately, the M&M's have been a real bust.  People come in, grab some freebies and raffle tickets and leave after the raffle.

In my opinion, some recent M&Ms I’ve attended have been really enjoyable but a few have been lame.  We’ve had a few Cruise Directors run them and they’ve provided information on what Royal Caribbean has changed as a result of Cruise Critic posts.  

23 hours ago, Cigar King said:

This is why we generally prefer the informal M&M that the roll call organizes, usually on day 1, before muster.

• Like 1

I think the informal meetings are often attended by a self selecting group who actually want to meet people.  I don't see that being true for the organized gatherings.  

That being said, Royal often pays little more than lip service to them, so why would the guests do more?

Depending on how many sign up, I am beginning to lean more toward the informal ones organized by those in your roll Call. Right now on our Princess Hawaii roll Call, we might have 34 and while a lounge has been arranged, only 11 have stepped forward to say they will be there. If I don't get anymore 1 month out of sailing when I need to give our final count, I will suggest we all meet at an agreed upon time & date & location.