Will a balcony spoil me?

We love having balconies, and the few times we've sailed Majesty in an oceanview, we did not enjoy it as much.  We like sitting outside and having a drink, or eating a meal from room service.  DH naps in the lounger on sea days.  While the pitch black of an interiorat night intrigues me, I'm concerned about the rest of the time.  We've done junior suites several times, and I think that's our preferred category.  Though we're booking our first full suite for Alaska in 2020 when they open up next week, so that may change things.

• Like 1

I don't know about others, but we have no problem sailing  in  a suite or balcony  for one cruise then sailing in an inside/OV  cabin on the next cruise.  We cruise often so the cabin for any particular sailing isn't a big deal.    We recently sailed  two weeks on Oasis in a Junior suite, then a month later sailed on Enchantment in an inside cabin.  We enjoyed both cruises.  Of course, I prefer a suite/balcony, but if the choice is an inside/OV or no cruise, I'll be on the ship.

enjoy

M

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lovescats5 said:

Why would you never book a suite.  We always book a suite and will continue to do so as they usually have the biggest balcony.  Suites are like balconies...

I think sdear had tongue firmly in cheek and that was the point: If OP fears balcony will spoil them, how much more so will a suite!

• Like 1

I enjoy cruising and will book an oceanview or balcony depending on the price, and would love a junior suite or higher again, but I know that is unlikely to happen in the next three cruises I have booked.

We have an oceanview for our next cruise, a balcony for the second cruise, and an oceanview for the third cruise. We do enjoy our room for down time, with no screaming kids or loud music. Naps in the afternoon and a glass of wine before dinner are better on a balcony.

• Like 1

We definitely are not spoiled by having a balcony on many of our cruises. We typically get an OV to start and wait to find a price the same or less for a balcony. Our next cruise on Harmony, it was actually cheaper to start with a balcony over an IV or OV by quite a bit so we booked it. June cruise so I doubt we get much use because it will be so hot specially if the sun is on our side of the ship. We definitely get more use out of a balcony when cruising in the cooler months.

My DW is a bit claustrophobic so we have never cruised in an IV but I took a solo cruise to get us to diamond for an upcoming cruise. I LOVED it! So dark and quiet but it was in a very less traveled area. I'm hoping to have her see one of the interiors with the virtual window to see what she thinks.

• Like 1

Honestly it all depends on what type of cruiser you are.

Personally, we almost always book interior rooms because they're the cheapest, and in the grand scheme of things, the difference in cost you pay for a balcony or even a suite is crazy to me.

We'll book a balcony if it's within $200 of the cheapest room category, but more than that and it just isn't worth it.

FWIW, I've stayed in a mix of balcony and interiors and the balcony is great, but I wouldn't feel the need to do it everytime.  Keep in mind we are young so throughout the course of the day we rarely spend extended periods of time in the cabin. And if we do it's sleeping/napping.

• Like 1