Blow Dryer Question

2xsin12mths

Is the hairdryer on Horizon (in Havana) the same wattage as every other Carnival hairdryer (nonexistent). I hate adding weight to my luggage since we only take 1 carryon each when we cruise now. I was on Ecstasy in April and that blow dryer was horrible!!

6 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

From my experience the hair dryers on every Carnival ship are basically the same.   For that reason my wife always brings a hair dryer when we go on a cruise. 

I agree about their lack of effectiveness, but Carnival has more than one model in their fleet.  Grand suites on the Sensation and cove balconies on the Dream had a different hair dryer than the upper/lower portholes on the Triumph when I was on those ships.  The Sensation and the Dream had a normal hair dryer in a desk drawer.  The Triumph had what looked like wall-mounted vacuum cleaners in the bathroom.

The hair dryer on the Triumph wasn't very good.  It got my long hair from dripping wet to just somewhat wet.  A towel worked better.

7 minutes ago, RW_MI said:

Are they really that bad?  Hate to bring one more thing if I don't really need to.

They can be. Depends on your hair and how fast you want the job done. My hair is barely shoulder length and not thick at all. Dries well enough for me in 3-4 minutes. My granddaughter with VERY thick hair below her shoulders takes quite a bit longer. Will it work? Sure. How patient are you? 

It would be a drastic waste of my time getting ready to spend so much time using that puny dryer. If you have any length or thickness to your hair, I'd suggest bringing your own. The ones on board (and in hotel rooms) tend to be a joke, and it's not like I have top of the line, salon level hair blow dryers at home.

23 hours ago, 2xsin12mths said:

Is the hairdryer on Horizon (in Havana) the same wattage as every other Carnival hairdryer (nonexistent). I hate adding weight to my luggage since we only take 1 carryon each when we cruise now. I was on Ecstasy in April and that blow dryer was horrible!!

Bring your own.