I am so frustrated with the error messages. Please help!

I embrace change so I am not complaining about the new format. I am able to log in, I am able to select a board. I able to open a thread. But then when I click on page 2 of a thread or try to follow a link within the site I get this:

Bad Request

Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.
Size of a request header field exceeds server limit.

I log out and log back in and can move around the forums a bit and then eventually get the above error message. It happens whether I use Chrome or Internet Explorer, although it seems to occur earlier in Chrome. Using search is impossible for me because I get the above error when I attempt to use the search function.

Thoughts?

Thanks.

~Denise

3 minutes ago, seabourndt said:

Same here I can’t even login in on phone via Tapatalk is the same have emailed them but nothing

Sorry to be the one to tell you but the mobile app as well as Tapatalk are not supported by the software for the new forums.

You can still view the forums on mobile but have to use a browser such as google to do so.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, S.A.M.J.R. said:

I have not run into that yet.  Do you have any extensions running in either browser?  Have you tried another computer?  Have you tried restarting the browser?  Have you tried restarting your computer?

Can you give me an example of an extension that would actually cause this? There's not another site I go to that returns the "bad request" error. 

To answer your other questions, yes, yes and yes.

I would like to know if this is a known error that is being worked on. 

~Denise

2 hours ago, Sundiego said:

Can you give me an example of an extension that would actually cause this? There's not another site I go to that returns the "bad request" error. 

Sorry, I can't.  I was just totally guessing.    You can run Chrome in Incognito mode to turn off all extensions.  But again, I"m just guessing.

2 hours ago, Sundiego said:

To answer your other questions, yes, yes and yes.

I would like to know if this is a known error that is being worked on. 

~Denise

I have not seen that error, and don't remember others reporting it.  Are you going through a VPN or Proxy by any chance?  

I'm just sort of spitballing what might cause a problem. 

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Sundiego said:

I embrace change so I am not complaining about the new format. I am able to log in, I am able to select a board. I able to open a thread. But then when I click on page 2 of a thread or try to follow a link within the site I get this:

Bad Request

Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.
Size of a request header field exceeds server limit.

It seems to be happening to a few people. You might consider posting in https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/861-report-bugs-glitches/

There are already a few threads there on the subject

• Like 1

4 hours ago, broberts said:

It seems to be happening to a few people. You might consider posting in https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/861-report-bugs-glitches/

There are already a few threads there on the subject

Thank you SO MUCH for this. I can't move around the forums very well due to the error and can't search. So I appreciate you doing it for me. 

~Denise