Dinner reservation questions

landsear

We're cruising on the Horizon in a little less than 2 weeks.  So excited!  I booked the steakhouse and the Hibachi place, but there is no record of this on my carnival cruise manager.  What are other people's experiences with the reservation system?  Should I print out the confirmation emails and bring them with us?

Like others, I have only ever gotten a confirmation email. I've never printed it or taken it with me, they have a record of it once they send you a confirmation email. Like Jerseygirl said, you get an invitation as well as a phone call to your cabin as well. 

When we sailed on the Horizon they were extremely slow to send email confirmations. We prebooked Jiji’s, the Steakhouse and the Teppenyaki place. Check in with each restaurant you prebooked with the day you get on the ship. If you don’t hear back from them before you board, that is. Sometimes if they don’t have the exact time you requested, but they will give you something close. 

Edited by bakersdozen12

We never needed to prove reservations at any pay venue. One night we went to the MDR and did not like the menu. We walked up to the Steakhouse and we were seated without question without a reservation. The were maybe 2/3 full. 

I’d keep the reservation handy for Teppanyaki. We booked Teppanyaki for our Horizon sailing in April when it first became available. We booked it for my Birthday night and received confirmation. When we showed up for dinner they didn’t have our name down. I pulled the reservation up on my phone and they asked us to have a seat and they’d see what they could do. We waited fifteen minutes and then they said a couple didn’t show so we could have their spot. I would have been very upset if they didn’t work us in. 

6 hours ago, landsear said:

We're cruising on the Horizon in a little less than 2 weeks.  So excited!  I booked the steakhouse and the Hibachi place, but there is no record of this on my carnival cruise manager.  What are other people's experiences with the reservation system?  Should I print out the confirmation emails and bring them with us?

You  don't have to.