Proposal Ideas on the Carnival Breeze

iamchrisstone

I am thinking of proposing to my girlfriend.  I know cruise lines and cruise directors go out of their way for proposals, weddings and and honeymoons.

With that being said, I have 2 ideas.  My g/f LOVES to laugh and I'd love to find a way to make it funny.  She HATES traditional stuff.  So a ring in her food or a glass of champagne or something isn't an option.  So, both of my ideas clearly are only if the cruise director and team permit them.  You guys have any other ideas or ideas on how to make one of them funny?

Option 1:  Get the ship to allow us to the Bridge with the Captain and first officers.  Tell my girlfriend that her, the kids and I all won a free tour of the bridge.  This is her first cruise so she won't understand how big of a deal this is at first, but eventually she will.  Anyway, as they give us a tour of the bridge,  I propose.  The kids and I have done the Behind the Fun Tour, so we know how sensitive the bridge is.

Option 2:  During the Sail Away Party.  This way the kids could even Facebook Live me proposing since we will still be on Verizon network for the first couple miles or so out.  But, the CD and DJ would both have to be on board and with me previously being in the music industry, I know how sensitive a DJ can be about messing up his set as his job is to keep the party going.  But if possible, I was hoping the CD could say something funny or we do it some how to make it a surprise and funny.   I've had people tell me to have the CD call us up by the DJ booth to have us "win" a contest, but she'd read into that right away. 

Ok, please help!!!!  

10 hours ago, Sauer-kraut said:

No way you'd be allowed on the bridge.

I'm not saying that they will allow it, but I do know that it is possible as I have been on the bridge last year with the Faster To The Fun Tour.  Therefore, under special circumstances I know that it's possible.  I also know that they bend rules for proposals.

SOOOOOOOO  That being said, you may very well be right, but I don't think I'd go as far as "No way"....  Just my opinion.

I'm thinking the sail away party is probably the best option.  Having worked onboard, I can tell you that Captains are not typically the type to get into these kind of things - not all, but certainly most of the ones I worked for.

In reference to the DJ getting upset - I've seen many DJ's take personal requests (not at sail away, but just about every other time he/she is on duty).  Do you know who the CD is going to be?  You can try emailing him/her a couple of weeks before.  I think most CD's wouldn't have a problem with helping you set something simple up - maybe right after the Conga Line?

6 minutes ago, sc4125 said:

I'm thinking the sail away party is probably the best option.  Having worked onboard, I can tell you that Captains are not typically the type to get into these kind of things - not all, but certainly most of the ones I worked for.

In reference to the DJ getting upset - I've seen many DJ's take personal requests (not at sail away, but just about every other time he/she is on duty).  Do you know who the CD is going to be?  You can try emailing him/her a couple of weeks before.  I think most CD's wouldn't have a problem with helping you set something simple up - maybe right after the Conga Line?

Chris "Donkey" Salazar.  He has all of his social media shut down for private messages and I can't seem to find an email address for him.  Thanks for all of the info!!!!

24 minutes ago, iamchrisstone said:

Chris "Donkey" Salazar.  He has all of his social media shut down for private messages and I can't seem to find an email address for him.  Thanks for all of the info!!!!

Can't say that I blame him (lol).  CCL should be able to give you his business email address.  Not sure, but I seem to recall a post on these boards with a list of how to email CDs by ship??  Anyway, I applaud you for being so thoughtful as to how to make the proposal special!!

1 minute ago, sc4125 said:

Can't say that I blame him (lol).  CCL should be able to give you his business email address.  Not sure, but I seem to recall a post on these boards with a list of how to email CDs by ship??  Anyway, I applaud you for being so thoughtful as to how to make the proposal special!!

Thanks!!!!  Yeah, CCL said that they emailed current CD and (Schwartz) and that he would fwd info to Donkey when he arrives in a couple weeks.  But, I'm afraid my request will get lost in all of the shuffle, plus that limits my time down even more.  I was really hoping to find a way to reach him to at least get the ball rolling.

When we sailed with Lee, he was great!  To this day he still communicates with everyone and I was at the same port as him this summer and commented on his IG and he said he remembered us and mentioned something that actually proved he did.  How does someone do that meeting several thousand new people every week?  hahaha thats a good CD right there!

Anyway, if you happen to find out how to get their work email address, I'd appreciate it.  I just don't want their personal or anything because that's probably inappropriate.

What about in the comedy club since you said she likes to laugh? There’s a Facebook group that has lists of many of the comedians for each sailing and you could reach out to one of them to see if they would be open to helping you during a show?

Good luck!

• Like 1

First, congratulations! Now, I'm a little evil so. here goes: See if guest services or whomever could page your fiancé 2 be to report to your assigned Muster Station. Once she's there, propose any way you want to do it.

• Like 1

Contact John Heald and see if he has any suggestions for you.
We let him know we were sailing for our 10th anniversary last year, and he had chocolate covered strawberries, champagne and a ship on a stick delivered to the room!

He is known to do things like that so drop him a line!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Chervil said:

Contact John Heald and see if he has any suggestions for you.
We let him know we were sailing for our 10th anniversary last year, and he had chocolate covered strawberries, champagne and a ship on a stick delivered to the room!

He is known to do things like that so drop him a line!

I reached out to him a few weeks ago.  He said he is getting bombarded with requests so to reach back out the week before we sail.

11 hours ago, 30scruiser said:

What about in the comedy club since you said she likes to laugh? There’s a Facebook group that has lists of many of the comedians for each sailing and you could reach out to one of them to see if they would be open to helping you during a show?

Good luck!

Very cool!!!!

Just now, TrinaLC said:

Maybe I'm missing something, but how is a proposal on the bridge "funny"?

I agree with suggestion try and somehow get it worked into comedy show; that presumably WOULD be funny 🙂

That was kind of my point. If (IF IF IF) the cruise line would permit us to do it on the bridge, that is a really big deal, but HOW can i make it funny?  its a long shot, either way.

the comedy show sounds great.  or get the comedian to help at the sail away party maybe

Before sail away, have your cabin steward place a note in your cabin calling your gf down to the "naughty room" because something has been "confiscated" from her checked luggage. Give her a hard time on the way down there about what you think she may have packed that is not allowed on board. Once you get the naughty room you can propose. LOL :)

• Haha 1