Atlantis beach day (no water park)

blueridgemama

When you reserve the Atlantis Beach Day are the beaches private and only used by Atlantis hotels and day pass users or are they available for any one to use? Are there vendors walking around selling things? Is there one beach which is more private and less likely to have vendors? Thanks.

The Cove beach is the private one.  "Atlantis Beach" is not private and loaded with pushy, nasty vendors.  And the water isn't great, either.

If you are literally just trying to go to a nice beach, I would take the Melia or a variety of other options over Atlantis.  The beach at Atlantis is nothing special.

The dig is super cool if you like big aquariums.  There is also a predator tank that is kind of hidden... The entrance is in the middle of the Shell roof restaurant in the middle of the outside area.  I would think you get Cove beach access with a beach pass.  There isn't security on the beach or anything and it's open to all Atlantis guests.  But you should make sure before you book it. There is also a lagoon that you should have access to as well.  As long as you are on the grounds, you have access to all that stuff.  Nobody checking wristbands on the beach or anything. 

15 hours ago, AlexMar said:

You should look at the British Colonial Hilton.  Can walk from the port and has a nice beach.

I think the Hilton beach is the worst of all of the day pass beaches, besides being walking distance from the pier, there is nothing better about it.

On 11/3/2018 at 9:54 AM, mjkacmom said:

I think the Hilton beach is the worst of all of the day pass beaches, besides being walking distance from the pier, there is nothing better about it.

It's a clean, simple beach day and much less expensive than Atlantis.  The Atlantis beach is totally not special in the slightest and the food is borderline terrible at the pool side spots.  If I just wanted a nice simple beach day without any fuss, I would personally consider the Hilton a decent spot.  No need for transportation, decent beach, pool, facilities, food and drinks.

58 minutes ago, BNBR said:

It's a clean, simple beach day and much less expensive than Atlantis.  The Atlantis beach is totally not special in the slightest and the food is borderline terrible at the pool side spots.  If I just wanted a nice simple beach day without any fuss, I would personally consider the Hilton a decent spot.  No need for transportation, decent beach, pool, facilities, food and drinks.

I’ve been there, back when a daypass was only $15. Personally, I think it’s worth the 15 minute drive to any other hotel that offers a daypass, for nicer pools and beaches, plus value. I think that if you are traveling, it’s nice to see more than a harbor beach, and we are talking 30 minutes round trip.

We have been to the Hilton once and Sandals once We enjoyed them both. The Hilton was super convenient, enjoyed the food and the beach and water was surprisingly clean and clear with it being so close to the port. Sandals was more expensive and the taxi made it more so, but we really loved the private Island. We really want to go to Atlantis as we have not been there yet. I think we will just do the general admission and enjoy the grounds, the aquarium and the Dig and maybe lunch. Any suggestions for a lunch spot at Atlantis or in town?

1 hour ago, blueridgemama said:

We have been to the Hilton once and Sandals once We enjoyed them both. The Hilton was super convenient, enjoyed the food and the beach and water was surprisingly clean and clear with it being so close to the port. Sandals was more expensive and the taxi made it more so, but we really loved the private Island. We really want to go to Atlantis as we have not been there yet. I think we will just do the general admission and enjoy the grounds, the aquarium and the Dig and maybe lunch. Any suggestions for a lunch spot at Atlantis or in town?

For lunch at Atlantis, if you would like full service, then the clamshell restaurant by the lagoon is the only one on the main outside grounds. The predator tank is located in this restaurant, too. Right in the middle you walk down the stairs underground. The other restaurants are just counter serve burger type stuff. Marina Village at Atlantis does have a few restaurants as well and hanging by the yachts has its own charm. 

Thank you for your comments about the Hilton. You get it.  Nobody is saying it's the best spot. It's just affordable, convenient, nice grounds, and very clear water.  Kind of nice seeing the ships, too. It's another option, nothing more. 

• 8 months later...
On 11/2/2018 at 7:46 PM, blueridgemama said:

Is Cove Beach available to use with the day pass? Are the grounds of the resort, aquarium and The Dig unique enough to warrant a visit? Just trying to decide whether to go or not.

This is my dilemma as well.  As this post is slightly old...any update on what you ended up choosing?

4 minutes ago, Jmrosa1 said:

This is my dilemma as well.  As this post is slightly old...any update on what you ended up choosing?

We are going in September and have decided to just do the day pass without the beach, get a drink and then return to the ship for lunch.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...