Celebrity Edge Access Tour App

TexSea

I found another iOS app I hadn't seen mentioned before, the Celebrity Edge Access Tour. Seems to be a virtual/augmented reality type app. Some of it can be used at home and other sections look like they are intended to be used on the ship.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/celebrity-edge-access-tour/id1438559709?mt=8

IMG_7350.thumb.PNG.a638730580107559d8092db097df4d06.PNGIMG_7351.thumb.PNG.a58fcd75206cdc65e2d211bab72620b6.PNGIMG_7352.thumb.PNG.530155d9ca85d8a07ba1dc2d183b01df.PNG

Edited by TexSea
  • Like 1

Gee,  if i could find that app and it worked with my Samsung Android tablet, I could cancel the expensive in Person Access tour we have booked!

Could not locate that tour app, and in general the Eden App is not matched to my device...apparently it is too old!

7 minutes ago, hcat said:

Gee,  if i could find that app and it worked with my Samsung Android tablet, I could cancel the expensive in Person Access tour we have booked!

Could not locate that tour app, and in general the Eden App is not matched to my device...apparently it is too old!

I found this one on the Google Play store, https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rccl.celebrity.magiccarpet. Doesn't quite look the same, but it was released just a few days ago.

Well   at least I copied a nice photo from what you posted....and my previous post  should have said EDGE app not EDEN..

The googleplay app asked me to sign in..I have no clue... too bad because its for Android ...thanks anyhow!

Edited by hcat

There's going to be an offering onboard for a virtual ship tour I wonder if this is related to the tour app.

image.png.08924e4ef659e60cfe417e706e88b1ac.png

I also found this so I'm wondering we will wear 3-D glasses:

image.png.61d86d2800ffcbbdaec91ac0f812ec83.png

Checking out the 360 degree virtual reality tour of the incredible Celebrity Edge."

Maybe these are related - maybe not? It looks interesting! Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
51 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

Way too complicated.  Create an account? Sign in, create another account.  Why?  Why bother?

app deleted

Well my Celebrtiy user name and password worked on both apps.  

When is your Edge Cruise?

I broke down and started to  downloaded the gen Celeb app to my phone altbough we keep phones off while cruising.. Seems  the app  will work with my phone..but not the tablet

..It asked for user name and password of which I have no idea.so I just deleted it...not worth it. Sometimes all these tech items are just not worth it..like the alleged Cruise Critic upgrades..lots of glitches!

Also the expedited boarding plan  now wants  you to scan in  your passport, upload a photo..  Hope they hired sufficient staff to check in those of us who do not own scanners..or prefer  human customer service over self service!

6 minutes ago, hcat said:

I broke down and started to  downloaded the gen Celeb app to my phone altbough we keep phones off while cruising.. Seems  the app  will work with my phone..but not the tablet

..It asked for user name and password of which I have no idea.so I just deleted it...not worth it. Sometimes all these tech items are just not worth it..like the alleged Cruise Critic upgrades..lots of glitches!

Also the expedited boarding plan  now wants  you to scan in  your passport, upload a photo..  Hope they hired sufficient staff to check in those of us who do not own scanners..or prefer  human customer service over self service!

Your user name and password are the same as your Celebrity info., no biggie.

Edited by Oville

20 minutes ago, Oville said:

Your user name and password are the same as your Celebrity info., no biggie.

Guess I could find those out..dh knows ..but I do not go near the  Celebrity Cruise manager page.....I find it to be convoluted since the alleged upgrade  and I worry I will wipe out something like my already paid for res.

I appreciate the help from you  Vt and others  but at this point, I will do without it.

19 minutes ago, hcat said:

Guess I could find those out..dh knows ..but I do not go near the  Celebrity Cruise manager page.....I find it to be convoluted since the alleged upgrade  and I worry I will wipe out something like my already paid for res.

I appreciate the help from you  Vt and others  but at this point, I will do without it.

I'm sure you will enjoy the Edge without it! 🙂 

19 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

I know, I'm loving mine - new stuff to see every day! Hopefully it will work well onboard. 🙂

As do I, but agree with you that everyone will enjoy this new ship with or without the apps.

I personally can’t wait for your reports from the 11/25 cruise.  We’ll be visiting relatives over in Vero for the weekend and heading to the Hilton Marina on Monday.  

Katie

Edited by Oville

On 11/4/2018 at 4:02 PM, TexSea said:

I found another iOS app I hadn't seen mentioned before, the Celebrity Edge Access Tour. Seems to be a virtual/augmented reality type app. Some of it can be used at home and other sections look like they are intended to be used on the ship.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/celebrity-edge-access-tour/id1438559709?mt=8

Thanks for the link.  It is downloading right now on my iPhone.  I couldn't find it in the App Store, because it is listed as Access Tour, rather than Edge or Celebrity.  

Edited by MVPinBoynton