Request for Host Walt

Overhead Fred

I am sure there is a more efficient or proper way to make this request but it was not immediately obvious to me. 

The original roll call for the Rome to Fort Lauderdale Nov 2, 2019 cruise on the Rotterdam (as a replacement for the Prinsendam) has become very difficult to find via the normal "find your roll call" method. Here is the the link to the original roll call: 

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2562454-rotterdam-civitavecchia-to-ft-lauderdale-nov-2-20-2019-prinsendam-replacement/

Can you work your magic to "restore" this so that new members can find it? It appears that a new roll call (2 members) has started since people could not find the original. 

Thank you very much!

It's a very easy fix.  Just find it the old fashioned way rather than using the Find your Roll Call tool, which was never perfect.  Just go to ROLL CALLS, click on HAL, then Rotterdam, and look for the thread with your dates.  It appears you have to follow a standard format in the thread title for it to be picked up by the 'tool'.  EM

We have a similar problem with the Zuiderdam July 6, 2019 Roll Call for the 7 day Viking Sagas cruise.  I have sent messages around 4 different ways, without results.

If you go to the Find your Cruise for the Zuiderdam, and click on July 6, you get an entirely different Roll Call.  This is very confusing for anyone who tries to find the Roll Call.

Host Walt - Please help.

If you post on the "new" roll call that there is a roll call that has been going on for some time and include the link, perhaps  the newcomers will move over and join you.  I know it's not a proper fix, but might help in the meantime.

1 hour ago, Overhead Fred said:

I am sure there is a more efficient or proper way to make this request but it was not immediately obvious to me. 

The original roll call for the Rome to Fort Lauderdale Nov 2, 2019 cruise on the Rotterdam (as a replacement for the Prinsendam) has become very difficult to find via the normal "find your roll call" method. Here is the the link to the original roll call: 

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2562454-rotterdam-civitavecchia-to-ft-lauderdale-nov-2-20-2019-prinsendam-replacement/

Can you work your magic to "restore" this so that new members can find it? It appears that a new roll call (2 members) has started since people could not find the original. 

Thank you very much!

The issue is the date format in the thread title does not comply with the suggested format, so the Roll Call finder tool can't "see" it.

This is a problem that's a hold-over from the old forum.  The "Find Your Roll Call" link didn't work there either.

You can contact help@cruisecritic.com and request that the link be manually added to the "Find Your Roll Call", but, be aware, that will take some time as they have a lot of "stuff" they're working on right now.

1 hour ago, Vict0riann said:

If you post on the "new" roll call that there is a roll call that has been going on for some time and include the link, perhaps  the newcomers will move over and join you.  I know it's not a proper fix, but might help in the meantime.

That's a great suggestion and what I have done in the past.

OP, you can also include in your post that you have asked for their roll calls to be merged with the original.  Hit report post and ask them to be moved to the original roll call.  It's very confusing when there's more than one roll call for sure.

17 minutes ago, Shmoo here said:

Well, there's no more red triangle, but the "Report post" function is available.  

11 minutes ago, kazu said:

LOL - absolutely correct.  Old terminology.  Thanks 😄

Whew! I was searching everywhere for red geometric shapes!

I did post the link to the original roll call as was suggested by Vict0riann  (Thanks Ann!)