Sales for drink package ?

I was able to get the drink package for $39 per day for our cruise next month on the Serenade. Hoping for a better sale for Black Friday!!

Again, like others said for us, the bottled water alone will make it worth it. Along with the coffee and, of course some alcoholic drinks.  Everyone needs to definitely consider all drinks when thinking about this package.  Not just the alcohol!!

Good luck all on some great sales in the next few weeks!! 

Edited by NJCruiser23
correction
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, kimcruiser said:

The cheapest I'm getting is $63 pp pd for our 3 night cruise in February. I'm seriously wondering if this is worth it. I may have 2 cocktails a day. I just don't know. Hopefully there will be a sale.

That does seem pretty high...  even with specialty coffee, water, etc, I don’t think you’ll get your moneys worth...

5 hours ago, kimcruiser said:

The cheapest I'm getting is $63 pp pd for our 3 night cruise in February. I'm seriously wondering if this is worth it. I may have 2 cocktails a day. I just don't know. Hopefully there will be a sale.

That seems high. Is that the on board price or is it 20% off of the on board price? Short cruises tend to encourage more alcohol based drinks so maybe the price is based on past consumption.

This is the first time I hear about it but really ?

The price in cruise planner would be based on past consumption ?? 

So two different people going to the same cruise would get a different price based on their previous consumption in previous sailing ?

This is interesting ! 😁😁

48 minutes ago, Thechamp555 said:

This is the first time I hear about it but really ?

The price in cruise planner would be based on past consumption ?? 

So two different people going to the same cruise would get a different price based on their previous consumption in previous sailing ?

This is interesting ! 😁😁

The prices do not change by individual but rather ship and itinerary.  The newer ships and the shorter cruises seem to bring higher prices.

On 11/5/2018 at 3:55 PM, sh2738 said:

Has anyone found that getting the drink package actually saves any money? Assuming the current price of 52/person/day, that would come to almost $730 for one cabin for drinks only. If using the lower sale of 49, that would still amount to nearly $690 for two people, since all adults in one cabin are forced to get it. And that seems like a lot for just drinks. 

Im curious if people who buy this package believe that they have actually saved money compared to just buying the drinks without the package. I’ve never bought the package because it’s hard for me to imagine that it saves you money when it’s that expensive. 

It it seems that in order to break even, one would have to drink at minimum 4 or 5 drink per day including port days and drink more then that  to be getting use of the package. 

But im curious to see what others have experienced. I am guessing that one would need to be a pretty heavy drinker in order to make good use out of it. But I’ve never done it so I’m unsure. Thanks. 

We bought it at $45 PP, PD. We like to drink on vacation (we both like cocktails, so bringing our own wine on board does nothing for us) and realized we'd break even at 3-4 cocktails a day. That's not counting the bottles of water, smoothies I like for breakfast, the fresh squeezed OJ my husband likes for breakfast, a soda at some point throughout the day for a pick me up, and even though we don't drink coffee, it does cover coffee drinks and milkshakes at Johnny Rockets. 

Our last cruise we tried NOT getting the package to see if we actually needed it, and we spent more money. My husband did anyway... I spent way too much time doing the math every time I ordered a drink making sure that I didn't spend more per day than I would have with the package. 

The 3-4 cocktails per day hasn't been a problem for us, even on port days. 

Edited by Stayinggolden83
Typo

On 11/6/2018 at 3:23 PM, sh2738 said:

How is the specialty coffee in cafe promenade? The ship I’m going on has Starbucks separate that isn’t included so I’m trying to see if the premium RCL coffee could be substituted for Starbucks, particularly for flavored Lattes and Flavored Frappes. Thanks. 

Just found out the coffee at Cafe Promenade is Seattle's Best which is a subsidiary of Starbucks. 

13 minutes ago, Stayinggolden83 said:

I spent way too much time doing the math every time I ordered a drink making sure that I didn't spend more per day than I would have with the package

That's what happened to me when I tried it on Oasis last year. I kept having to recall how many drinks I had already had that day plus how much I spent the previous days and was all caught up in rationing it so I wouldn't come close to what the drink package would have cost because that would have been stupid. It was just way more annoying and to a small point stressful vs cruises with the package. 

10 minutes ago, smplybcause said:

That's what happened to me when I tried it on Oasis last year. I kept having to recall how many drinks I had already had that day plus how much I spent the previous days and was all caught up in rationing it so I wouldn't come close to what the drink package would have cost because that would have been stupid. It was just way more annoying and to a small point stressful vs cruises with the package. 

It was super annoying. I'll always get the drink package now, even with the higher prices. Cruising is still cheaper than any other type of vacation we take, and since the drinks have already been paid and the credit card bill has been paid, I just don't worry about it. 

5 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

That seems high. Is that the on board price or is it 20% off of the on board price? Short cruises tend to encourage more alcohol based drinks so maybe the price is based on past consumption.

Ive never been on a RCI cruise before so im not sure if that is it, if that's what youre saying.

Also, the cruise planner is saying the $63 is with 10% off onboard price. Yikes 

57 minutes ago, kimcruiser said:

Ive never been on a RCI cruise before so im not sure if that is it, if that's what youre saying.

Also, the cruise planner is saying the $63 is with 10% off onboard price. Yikes 

Since your cruise isn't until February, watch for the Black Friday sales.  I got great prices for the drink package and the refreshment package for both of our past cruises this year.  Since even Harmony was only $45 pp pd, surely your cruise will be much less than $63!

• Like 1