My NCL Cruise Consultant Insists...

spdwain

I am booked on the Escape in a Spa Balcony.  I recently noticed that the prices of the Aft Balconies had dropped to the point where I could actually change to an Aft, purchase Thermal spa Passes, and still be about $30 ahead.  My NCL guy told me there is nothing he could do.  He also insisted that all the Aft balconies on Escape are 32 square feet. Now I have not been on the Escape, but I have been on Breakaway and I know some of the Aft balconies are huge depending on the deck.  I am in final payment, but I don't see how it would not be to NCL's advantage to move me to an Aft, have me pay for an additional 3 thermal passes ($279x3), and then "sell" my spa balcony off to a high bidder since there are none available on my cruise,  There are at least 15 Aft balconies available so why am I being discouraged from doing this?

You are past final payment and you want NCL to let you book a cheaper cabin than what you paid for and use some of that money you saved to buy spa passes.  NCL said “no.”  The rep is not doing a CBA, he/she is simply following protocol ... you can always spend more, but not less after final payment.

29 minutes ago, spdwain said:

He also insisted that all the Aft balconies on Escape are 32 square feet. Now I have not been on the Escape, but I have been on Breakaway and I know some of the Aft balconies are huge depending on the deck. 

Although most are not as deep as on Breakaway, the aft-facing balconies on Escape are still larger than the 32 sq ft that the PCC claims. They do differ depending on deck just like Breakaway but the order is slightly different.

If you are inside final payment, then you would still have to cancel, pay the cancellation fee based on where you are at in the penalty scale and rebook the aft balcony. The minimum cancellation fee is loss of  25% of your cruise fare. 

Yes, the phone agent is 100% correct that they can not "just change you" to another room. It is always a cancel and rebook. 

If you are willing the pay the 25%, 50%, 75%, or 100% cancellation fee to get an aft balcony, you cancel on your own and rebook on your own. 

Edited by BirdTravels

5 hours ago, spdwain said:

I am booked on the Escape in a Spa Balcony.  I recently noticed that the prices of the Aft Balconies had dropped to the point where I could actually change to an Aft, purchase Thermal spa Passes, and still be about $30 ahead.  My NCL guy told me there is nothing he could do.  He also insisted that all the Aft balconies on Escape are 32 square feet. Now I have not been on the Escape, but I have been on Breakaway and I know some of the Aft balconies are huge depending on the deck.  I am in final payment, but I don't see how it would not be to NCL's advantage to move me to an Aft, have me pay for an additional 3 thermal passes ($279x3), and then "sell" my spa balcony off to a high bidder since there are none available on my cruise,  There are at least 15 Aft balconies available so why am I being discouraged from doing this?

If you're planning on using the Thermal Suite...  I'd much rather keep the Spa Balcony and it's convenience to the Thermal Suite than move all the way to the other end of the ship.  Personal preference...  Especially if the savings is only $30 bucks.