Southampton parking - CPS or Parking4cruises?

Harry Peterson

14 hours ago, docco said:

I’m sure they are.  But I’m still genuinely puzzled as to how the driver can out of the car once it’s parked or into it again later. Seriously, climbing in and out of the window and across the roof seems the only way to do it!

🤣🤣🤣

Maybe they park the first, then get out, then park the second and so on.  Same when they move them back to the port, in reverse order.

I live near the sea in Devon and get seagull poo on my car all the time.  It has never done any damage yet.

• 2 weeks later...

Right - time to make a booking.  Thanks for all the information on this; it's very much appreciated.

And the winner is...........P4C.

So, just to double check, I'd turn up in the usual way with a car full of suitcases, drop them off in the usual way (but in a non-CPS lane), take the car over to the short-stay car park and leave it with P4C there, then just walk over to the terminal with just the hand luggage?

Sounds good - have I missed anything (apart from the saving)?

14 minutes ago, docco said:

Right - time to make a booking.  Thanks for all the information on this; it's very much appreciated.

And the winner is...........P4C.

So, just to double check, I'd turn up in the usual way with a car full of suitcases, drop them off in the usual way (but in a non-CPS lane), take the car over to the short-stay car park and leave it with P4C there, then just walk over to the terminal with just the hand luggage?

Sounds good - have I missed anything (apart from the saving)?

No apart from the satisfaction of saving some money. (Did you edit that before I posted, or is my eyesight getting worse?)

Edited by terrierjohn

On 12/20/2018 at 9:22 PM, docco said:

I’m sure they are.  But I’m still genuinely puzzled as to how the driver can out of the car once it’s parked or into it again later. Seriously, climbing in and out of the window and across the roof seems the only way to do it!

As an aside, if you do a two night cruise and use CPS they use a self-park system, drop your bags and passengers off first.  The parking marshals ignore all the parking bay markings.  They get all the cars arranged en echelon at very shallow angles and very narrow access aisles. The front one can turn out forwards on a shallow right hand lock and the rear one reverse out on a shallow left left before moving forwards.  I think this is so everyone reverses out using the shallow angle and then off forwards down the narrow aisle.  It should be noted that if you park cars very close in this manner the front doors are aft of the rear of the neighbouring vehicle.  You can fit a far greater number of parked cars in a space with access for all.

Regards John

Edited by john watson

All booked - and not a lot extra to add these on:

• Amend or cancel your booking
  • Vehicle spray down on pickup day
  • Early disembarkation (BEFORE 8AM)
  • Priority service on collection day
  • Help loading luggage on collection

Not sure what the 'priority service on collection day' means (anybody know?) but the early disembarkation might be handy, along with the spray down.  I also very much like the freedom to cancel/change if required, with no charge.

28 minutes ago, docco said:

All booked - and not a lot extra to add these on:

• Amend or cancel your booking
  • Vehicle spray down on pickup day
  • Early disembarkation (BEFORE 8AM)
  • Priority service on collection day
  • Help loading luggage on collection

Not sure what the 'priority service on collection day' means (anybody know?) but the early disembarkation might be handy, along with the spray down.  I also very much like the freedom to cancel/change if required, with no charge.

To take advantage of early disembarkation you need to leave the ship very early carrying ALL of your luggage. We didn’t add on any extras but were dealt with immediately on our return to the car park (after breakfast, at around 9am) and the car was cleaner than it had ever been with CPS - even when we had paid for a clean with CPS!

12 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

We always self-disembark which is any time from about 7.30.  We normally get off about 8.15-8.30.  Marvellous.

I'd very much like to do that, but physically getting the suitcases from room to shore has always bothered me.  Any tips?