AUREA Experince Downgraded!

sidari

1 hour ago, sidari said:

TAPI ... As you were in an Aurea cabin booked before November 11th you should have been given the old Deluxe package and not something inferior. Time to complain to who you booked the cruise with.

Dave ... you don't get (or, at least, didn't get) Deluxe with an Aurea booking.  As you know, yourself, it comes/came with Classic.  The whole mess is getting even us regulars confused.  🙄

2 hours ago, sidari said:

TAPI ... As you were in an Aurea cabin booked before November 11th you should have been given the old Deluxe package and not something inferior. Time to complain to who you booked the cruise with.

I booked my cruise directly through their USA website. I had read your post concerning the drink packages before we sailed and I even took screenshots for reference. 

Once onboard the ship, initially a bartender directed me to the “easy package” selections, but then he consulted with another bartender who quickly corrected him and told him that I was “grandfathered” in and showed him how to look up what I was entitled to. He then proceeded to show me from the bar menu what was included in my package as listed above. I inquired a few more times at other bars to see if there were any differences. Each bartender would swipe my card and all were consistent with what I was entitled to, so I guess that what I was offered was the official word. 

Overall, I was happy with what was offered. I didn’t have any point of reference since this was my first time in an Aurea stateroom so I won’t complain. The only thing that I didn’t like was that the bottled beer wasn’t included. When I do drink beer, I want something with a bit more body and flavor than Heineken on draft, so I just learned to get my IPA’s from the pub on deck 7 where they had a wide draft beer selection. I also ordered wine with dinner, and I had a few cocktail drinks sporadically throughout the week. My wife loved her cappuccinos and hot chocolate multiple times throughout the day. We are also big bottled water and soda drinkers, so we would grab a few every time we walked by a bar and put them in my backpack. The kids had a couple of mock cocktails as well. We figured that we would’ve spent over $500 out of pocket for everything we drank throughout the week.

Edited by Tapi

5 minutes ago, Tapi said:

8 minutes ago, sidari said:

Tapi ... My mistake as Bea says, you had the right package, I was thinking that you had upgraded to Deluxe.

Thanks for the clarification!

37 minutes ago, Tapi said:

Once onboard the ship, initially a bartender directed me to the “easy package” selections, but then he consulted with another bartender who quickly corrected him and told him that I was “grandfathered” in and showed him how to look up what I was entitled to. He then proceeded to show me from the bar menu what was included in my package as listed above. I inquired a few more times at other bars to see if there were any differences. Each bartender would swipe my card and all were consistent with what I was entitled to, so I guess that what I was offered was the official word. 

Great to hear. Sailing next weekend in an Aurea Suite booked before the change and as I have no idea what I was actually entitled to under the old conditions I kind of have to rely on the staff. 

We booked a Aurea suite on the Armonia for next May a few months ago....at the time I paid $8 per person to upgrade to the Deluxe drink package which included any drinks $13 and less, mini-frig drinks and snacks and Gelato 

I was worried after reading so many posts about the New Increases in drink prices and packages and decrease in what’s included 

Called this morning and was assured we’ll still get everything we had upgraded to originally 

The rep said the current package only has drinks at $10 and below and no mini frig or gelato....So overall I’m very happy we at least got grandfathered in 

Also had her email me the info so I have proof if needed 

3 hours ago, LaCal said:

The rep said the current package only has drinks at $10 and below and no mini frig or gelato....

Aurea currently gets the Easy package with a $6, maybe $5 limit.  Actually it's not being defined that way any more, it's basically similar choices that Drinks On Us had.  To get back to what the old Classic plan offered you have to upgrade to the Premium package which has a $12 (10) limit and will cost you an extra $27pp/pd.  No gelato for any package is correct.