Grand Case day passes?

dis2cruise

We stayed in Grand Case for one week prior to our Windstar cruise in 2016 in a condo right next door to the Rainbow Cafe. The Rainbow Cafe has a beautiful location right on the nicest beach and has chairs that you can use if you have lunch at their restaurant. They are the most loveliest of folks and the food was very good. A great place to chill! http://rainbowcafe.fr/

Edited by Ski Mom 2

Grand Case is pretty much left in rumble right now . The hotel is being rebuilt now but is at least 6 months to a year away. There are only a few places to eat open, but the area is still in bad shape ! Check up to date video on You Tube and you will see the shape of things!

On 11/28/2018 at 5:34 PM, fielddreamer said:

Grand Case is pretty much left in rumble right now . The hotel is being rebuilt now but is at least 6 months to a year away. There are only a few places to eat open, but the area is still in bad shape ! Check up to date video on You Tube and you will see the shape of things!

This is exaggeration, at best.  I do not know what "hotel" you are referring to.  Grand Case Beach Club is open for business - I think they have at least 48 rooms open for guests.  Clearly, some places in Grand Case remain closed, but there are many places open and in business.  Not sure why anyone would be so negative - if the quoted post is meant to say that people should not consider going to Grand Case because of continuing Irma damage - I very much disagree.

We'll be in St. Martin from 8a to 11p. We usually visit Marigot  and on this trip, since we'll be there well into the evening, are considering Dinner in Grand Case prior to returning to the ship. Any input on the wisdom of this and specific restaurants? 

Edited by OmarOak

The Grand Case Beach Club is open at the moment:

https://www.thedailyherald.sx/islands/82939-refurbished-grand-case-beach-club-opens-in-time-for-season

I have also read that many restaurants have reopened, and they're actually looking for tourists to come back and help get them the money and publicity they need to completely rebuild. I also have not seen anything since about a year ago regarding Grand Case, all of the "rubble" pictures I'm finding are from right after the storm passed through.

Grand Case was my favorite beach in the world before the storm, I actually left SXM 6 days before Irma passed through, so I didn't know then, but I got to say my goodbyes to the SXM I grew up knowing and loving. But, the island has been resistant and has bounced back very quickly. OP, I have never seen "day passes" either, just rent a beach chair from one of the men on the beach or lay out on your ship towel. Eat at one of the restaurants. Enjoy the calm waves. I think you'll enjoy it. It's somewhat of a long commute from the port though, about an hour. Be prepared for some traffic as well!

• 3 weeks later...

Here is a list of restaurants currently opened in Grand Case plus other information about the ones that are still closed. Some of our favorites are L'Auberge Gourmande (fantastic and my favorite!), Café Spiga (another wonderful restaurant!), and of course the Rainbow Cafe for their beachside location, the wonderful folks that run it, and the fact that you can use their beach chairs and have a delicious lunch!

https://www.st-martin-vacation.com/restaurants.html