29 November 2018 Thursday Weigh-in

FlatlandDave

Thanks for starting this thread Dave - sorry that you gained, but at least it isn't a bad gain.

Diana - nice loss.

I am a very happy camper today....tried to eat well at Thanksgiving and then had most of the kids over for leftovers (shephard's pie - made with turkey).

I seem to have lost the most that I have ever lost in one week 2.8# .. I've now lost a total for this newest diet of 9.2# ... only a hundred zillion to go!!!  

Have everyone has a wonderful week.  Jan

• Like 1

Hi Everyone:

Happy first weigh-in after Thanksgiving, LOL. 

I had a good week, I'm down 3.4 pounds. I may have a bit of a rebound the next couple of days, I'm just getting over a stomach bug. I am also excited to be at a total loss of 30 pounds so far and I'm feeling pretty good. 

Dave, I think it is entirely the lettuce's fault that you gained! Good luck this coming week. 

Diana, looks like you'll be back to pre-cruise weight very soon, congrats!

Great Job, Jan! I hope your success makes you feel great,  it should! 

Have a good week all, can't believe we're about to hit December.

Michelle

• Like 1

Michelle - 30 pounds lost is so amazing .. I hope someday to be there too!  I hope you are very proud of your accomplishment!

I went through my "cruise closet" today ... I have clothes in there that haven't fit in years ... I plan to get one outfit out and try it on every three weeks just for the motivation to keep going.

I miss romaine lettuce ... was always my favorite ... now I seem to be eating lots of coleslaw (with just a tbsp of mayo).  Jan

• Like 2

Hi all!

Wow, some really good losses people, way to go!!

I am down 0.2 lbs, nothing to brag about but not a gain! I would like to lose the 20 lbs I've gained since I retired 11 years ago

but  don't seem to have the drive yet! Some of you are doing great on the "challenge".👍

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jan_In_Maine said:

Michelle - 30 pounds lost is so amazing .. I hope someday to be there too!  I hope you are very proud of your accomplishment!

I went through my "cruise closet" today ... I have clothes in there that haven't fit in years ... I plan to get one outfit out and try it on every three weeks just for the motivation to keep going.

I miss romaine lettuce ... was always my favorite ... now I seem to be eating lots of coleslaw (with just a tbsp of mayo).  Jan

Jan:

To tell the truth, I don't think the number has really sunk in, it's been a different experience this time than when I've lost weight in the past. I need to reflect and pinpoint what has made the difference. 

I am kicking myself these days, I had a closet FULL of things I'd be able to wear now if I hadn't felt hopeless and decided I'd never fit in it again and sent it all to charity this spring. 

Thanks for starting the thread, Dave - my Thursday mornings have been super busy lately.

Nice losses for most of you 🙂 I'm up, but expected I would be.

Michelle, don't feel bad about donating clothes.  You helped those less fortunate than you, and know you can find things you will love to fit the body you have know.  Sometimes after a weight loss clothes fit/hang differently so the old clothes may have "fit" but not fit correctly.

I love finding treasures at thrift stores too.  It's hard to spend money on clothes when in between sizes, and I can usually get better quality than new at the same price (or lower) and my purchases help the charity that is being supported.

I'm still going to weigh in and be conscious of diet and exercise, but I'm also going to fully enjoy the Christmas season this year and if that means I need to work a little harder at the new year, so be it.  I need to make healthy choices, but I'm also not going to beat myself up over the various holiday parties.  For good, bad or indifferent many people in my life use food as a love language, and while I don't want to go overboard I also don't want to stifle their attempts to share their heart with me.

1 hour ago, pacruise804 said:

Thanks for starting the thread, Dave - my Thursday mornings have been super busy lately.

Nice losses for most of you 🙂 I'm up, but expected I would be.

Michelle, don't feel bad about donating clothes.  You helped those less fortunate than you, and know you can find things you will love to fit the body you have know.  Sometimes after a weight loss clothes fit/hang differently so the old clothes may have "fit" but not fit correctly.

I love finding treasures at thrift stores too.  It's hard to spend money on clothes when in between sizes, and I can usually get better quality than new at the same price (or lower) and my purchases help the charity that is being supported.

I'm still going to weigh in and be conscious of diet and exercise, but I'm also going to fully enjoy the Christmas season this year and if that means I need to work a little harder at the new year, so be it.  I need to make healthy choices, but I'm also not going to beat myself up over the various holiday parties.  For good, bad or indifferent many people in my life use food as a love language, and while I don't want to go overboard I also don't want to stifle their attempts to share their heart with me.

Wonderful attitude going into the holidays! I also think that works more successfully than attempting to cut out all indulgences... for me that's a recipe for losing control completely at moments when I'm feeling deprived. 

• Thanks 1

Michelle, awesome loss for the week and total loss.

Jan, great loss for you too. 

Jo, small loss but any loss is good. 

Pacruise, you should definitely enjoy the holidays. Sounds like you have a good mindset and will stay on an even keel throughout the holidays.

Hope Belle is having fun.

Diana

Hello All!  Cruise is winding down.  You all are doing great.

Diana Thanks for the wishes. Loving the warm weather...Home will be cold!

Yes having fun but time goes to fast as you know. 45 days sounds like a LONG

time then it's over!   You all take care..I'm home late on the 7th. Won't weigh till

the 13th Thursday. (least not a Friday the 13th, maybe that will help!):classic_laugh:

• Like 1

Dave, I also enjoy going to the gym to work up a sweat. It's the one thing that is positive in my day. 

Belle, glad you are having fun. We will see you soon.

PS, I am having a lot of trouble getting on boards here. If I am not on the threads that is why. 

Have good day.

Diana

• Like 1

Thanks for starting this thread it will help me stay focused for our cruise in March!!! I've been on two cruises since I started weight watchers 22 months ago. The first one I only gain 1.5 pounds and the second one was 10 day Alaska this past May and I stayed the same. I treat myself but, I try and make a lot of smart choices and go with the attitude to try and maintain by doing more walking.  I probably have about -25 - 30 more pounds to reach goal but, so far I've lost -167 pounds and feel physically and mentally so much better. I know that if I can do this anyone can do this (It's a mind set and a life style that I need to learn).

Paula Southern Indiana

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Paula B said:

Thanks for starting this thread it will help me stay focused for our cruise in March!!! I've been on two cruises since I started weight watchers 22 months ago. The first one I only gain 1.5 pounds and the second one was 10 day Alaska this past May and I stayed the same. I treat myself but, I try and make a lot of smart choices and go with the attitude to try and maintain by doing more walking.  I probably have about -25 - 30 more pounds to reach goal but, so far I've lost -167 pounds and feel physically and mentally so much better. I know that if I can do this anyone can do this (It's a mind set and a life style that I need to learn).

Paula Southern Indiana

Wow - Paula - You are amazing!  In less than two years you have lost so much ...  It is so nice when one can have a wonderful time on a cruise and don't come back with lots of weight gain.  

When I first started cruising (2003) I would gain 10-15# in a week (eek) ... now I seem to stay the same or have a very small gain.  I have somewhere between 30-50# to lose ... sometimes its hard to stay focused, but I do understand feeling physically and mentally better ... 

Congratulations and welcome to this thread (there is a new thread each Thursday!).  Jan

Welcome, Paula!

As Jan mentioned, we do a new thread each Thursday.  This group is super supportive, very accepting, and non-judgemental.  We celebrate the wins and encourage through the (lack of) losses.

My stretch goal is to lose around 75#, but I will be pleased to drop around 50 and maintain the loss.  I had a high calorie weekend with not too much exercise to balance it out, so I'm not expecting a loss tomorrow.