I need guidance with the search function...is it just me?

Lady Arwen

I'm trying to do a search within the Celebrity forums (looking for MDR seating chart for Infinity) and regardless of how I word it, I'm getting all kinds of stuff with other cruiselines (I did put Celebrity in caps in my search).  I'm also getting seating plans for planes and different types of chairs! I used to be able to do searches without many problems, but now it seems impossible.  Am I doing something wrong?  Your help is much appreciated.

• Like 1

I would just get the latest deck plans on screen then enlarge them for the dining room you want.

If it is a pdf it will have a + button.   The things that look like flowers are tables & seats so you can see

2s 6s 4s larger. No guarantee that they will be there when you board but thats were they were envisaged

to be.  I, in 4 years have not seen any stand alone seating plans for ships dining, on cruise critic.

I was thinking of asking the same question  yesterday. I went to the hawaii forum and was trying to do research and it was nearly impossible to get anything. When you put in a topic all kinds of random places and things come up but nothing really related to what you are looking for.  

All is well, I found it on Google!  I wanted table numbers, as we have a favourite table on M class, but just could not remember the table number.  I won't bother with our c.c. search function anymore.  Too bad, I used to enjoy using it.

11 hours ago, Lady Arwen said:

I'm trying to do a search within the Celebrity forums (looking for MDR seating chart for Infinity) and regardless of how I word it, I'm getting all kinds of stuff with other cruiselines (I did put Celebrity in caps in my search).  I'm also getting seating plans for planes and different types of chairs! I used to be able to do searches without many problems, but now it seems impossible.  Am I doing something wrong?  Your help is much appreciated.

Its not a very good search function.  I wish we could search within specific topics.  I don't want answers from Carnival when im searching for something specific to Celebrity.  Quotes don't work either, trying to search for key words together.  

I am using the mobile “site” with my mini IPAd.  When I wish to search, I touch inside the search field.  I get a “search in” selection that is defaulted to Everywhere.  I then can change the search to many different options.  Like Topic, this topic, forum, etc.  

OP - Sorry you are having problems; but it seems to work well for me using a PC. While in the Celebrity Forum I just click on the little search window at the upper right, enter my key words, change the SEARCH IN selection from Everywhere to This Forum, and change the FIND RESULTS THAT CONTAIN selection from Any... to All...

The search results are then always posts in the Celebrity Forum that contain all of my key words in either the Title or Body of the posts.

Best of luck in your future searches.

1 hour ago, Aulanis said:

Unless it has changed the " This Forum " option is not available

on a phone and maybe not on small tablets.

it is certainly available on a mini ipad, you just need to turn it sideways.  Same with an Iphone, you just select Pages rather than This forum.