No Prebooking Shows and Activities on Anthem

I’m sailing on Anthem in January. The shows and some activities (iFly, North Star) are still not available to prebook. Several people in the roll call (not me) have called and posted that Royal said there will be no prebooking, everything will have to be booked once you get on the ship 😬

Edited by Ivana Cruise
Misspelling

47 minutes ago, nonnie&dgd said:

I certainly hope that is not true. Going in February. Fingers crossed. 

I can update after I get back and let you know but if you haven’t seen the option online by then, then it’s probably the same for you. 

10 hours ago, Ivana Cruise said:

I’m sailing on Anthem in January. The shows and some activities (iFly, North Star) are still not available to prebook. Several people in the roll call (not me) have called and posted that Royal said there will be no prebooking, everything will have to be booked once you get on the ship 😬

8 minutes ago, Ivana Cruise said:

I can update after I get back and let you know but if you haven’t seen the option online by then, then it’s probably the same for you. 

That is surprising.  For my August  sail, I was able to make entertainment at the 45 day mark.  Make sure that upon boarding you go to 2x70, at back of ship, and you can reserve via RCL staff or via the many kiosks available to you.

1 hour ago, nelblu said:

That is surprising.  For my August  sail, I was able to make entertainment at the 45 day mark.  Make sure that upon boarding you go to 2x70, at back of ship, and you can reserve via RCL staff or via the many kiosks available to you.

We were also able to prebook for the shows, Ifly and NorthStar for the thanksgiving cruise around the 40th or 45th day before sailing, but the escape room did not appear beforehand in the cruise planner, so as soon as I boarded, I found out that our Box Office was in the Music Hall on Deck 3 near the Theater, so check with the staff when you board to see where you should go to book your reservations.

Then head to 270 for a sandwiches and check out the views 🙂

I booked about 90 days before my Ovation cruise and am now 38 days away.

I’ve never seen North Star or Ifly appear on the booker.

Looking through forums it appears that’s because these book up months in advance?

Edit:

However, it looks like it is possible to either queue up or book slots on board.

Edited by cruisenewb1

2 hours ago, cruisenewb1 said:

Looking through forums it appears that’s because these book up months in advance

Availability in the planner varies by ship and sailing.

2 hours ago, cruisenewb1 said:

I booked about 90 days before my Ovation cruise and am now 38 days away.

Looking through forums it appears that’s because these book up months in advance?

Edit:

However, it looks like it is possible to either queue up or book slots on board.

I had no issues booking North Star once on board. You may even have luck just walking up and waiting a bit if it's not busy.

I did it when in port @ San Juan. Pretty cool way to see the port.  That also might explain the lack of a line (queue).

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Ivana Cruise said:

We were finally able to prebook just under 30 days out. Same shows so who knows what the hold up was? 

Were you able to prebook the shows or activities like iFly/North Star or both? We are going in April so it's too early anyways, but I guess I will keep checking.