Notes on Koningsdam?

Cruise Suzy

In his 12/4 post, Captain Albert showed the Notes area of Nieuw Statendam being a whisky tasting venue.  (Deck 2 between Billboard Onboard and Rolling Stone Rock Room) Today Vict0riann showed the Notes whisky tasting in When & Where. (post #275 on page 7)

Could someone on a K-dam post-drydock cruise report if this was added? The space is identical on both ships.

This would appeal to DH.

TIA.

10 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

I think it was already there, sharing the space with the wine making operaton across from the old CCA.

Thanks. The deck plan for NS shows Notes as a separate space from Blend. I can not find Notes on any K-dam deck plan.

Not having been on K-dam, I wasn't aware Blend also has whisky tastings.

25 minutes ago, Cruise Suzy said:

Thanks. The deck plan for NS shows Notes as a separate space from Blend. I can not find Notes on any K-dam deck plan.

Not having been on K-dam, I wasn't aware Blend also has whisky tastings.

On the KDam before dry dock it was located between the Bill Board on Board piano area and the Lincoln Center area.  Basically just off the walking aisle between the two.  From the photos that Capt Albert posted of the Nieuw Statendam it looks the same.

12 minutes ago, 510picker said:

We were on the Kdam last month, and Notes is located exactly where iflyrc5 said. I never participated, but often stopped and looked at the selection out of curiousity.

original.jpg

Yes that’s it. We enjoyed that venue a lot on our Koningsdam Cruise last month. Maybe too much after receiving our bar bill!😱

Thanks all. He was pleased to learn Notes is on Koningsdam. He's now starting to look forward to our February cruise. He hopes the selections will be (almost) as good as when we were in Scotland and he could sample some whisky he was unfamiliar with. I've added and highlighted the Notes location to his copy of the deck plan.

18 minutes ago, Cruise Suzy said:

Thanks all. He was pleased to learn Notes is on Koningsdam. He's now starting to look forward to our February cruise. He hopes the selections will be (almost) as good as when we were in Scotland and he could sample some whisky he was unfamiliar with. I've added and highlighted the Notes location to his copy of the deck plan.

I think he will find a wonderful selection of not only Scottish whisky but other spirits as well. If Ira is still on-board he is very knowledgeable and versed in the different offerings. 

Notes Bar location let’s you enjoy music from the different surrounding venues. They stagger performances.

Enjoy your cruise.

Edited by aliaschief

31 minutes ago, aliaschief said:

I think he will find a wonderful selection of not only Scottish whisky but other spirits as well. If Ira is still on-board he is very knowledgeable and versed in the different offerings. 

Notes Bar location let’s you enjoy music from the different surrounding venues. They stagger performances.

Enjoy your cruise.

That is  nice to be able to enjoy the music while sipping 

Notes was a nightly visit during our transatlantic cruise on the K.  An added bonus was that most of the good stuff was available on the Elite Beverage Package.  As a full blown Scotsman it was good to see the level of knowledge the Notes staff had on the amber nectar.