Questions about current cococay services??

creel5857

We will be on vision of the seas in early January visiting cococay.  We have been reading about the 200 million upgrade.  I kept looking for recent comments on current level of services, tender details, if food/buffet is included at no costs???  Can anyone share some details?   Appreciate it very much.

3 minutes ago, creel5857 said:

We will be on vision of the seas in early January visiting cococay.  We have been reading about the 200 million upgrade.  I kept looking for recent comments on current level of services, tender details, if food/buffet is included at no costs???  Can anyone share some details?   Appreciate it very much.

They probably won't be done with the upgrades until mid 2019.  Tenders run continuously.

10 hours ago, creel5857 said:

We are there in late January, hoping the pier is open by then.

12 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Fairly norm as l in November.  Tenders as usual, food included, services up and running.  Construction is fenced off

Thanks for letting us know things at this point are still the way they were.

Our older daughter's family will be having a port stop in Cococay on their AnthemOTS Christmas cruise so they were wondering.  

Considering the state of the massive upgrades last August, I will be surprised if they are up and running in 2019 at all.

The pier was coming along, slowly.  Considering they were setting pylons in Aug 2017.

9 hours ago, SRF said:

Considering the state of the massive upgrades last August, I will be surprised if they are up and running in 2019 at all.

The pier was coming along, slowly.  Considering they were setting pylons in Aug 2017.

Mid November.

IMG_3791.JPG

IMG_3826.JPG

20181118_200517.jpg

20181118_200442.jpg

20181118_200421.jpg

20 minutes ago, SRF said:

It looks the pier is coming along, but I don't see any sign of structures being built on the island.  Just dirt moving (which is a BIG part of the job).

At least in Sept 18. they were screening that off fairly nicely with a jungle type screen.   I hope the OP going in January gets some updated pics. Some of these new features will be too big to hide behind 6 ft fences. 

2 minutes ago, BillOh said:

At least in Sept 18. they were screening that off fairly nicely with a jungle type screen.   I hope the OP going in January gets some updated pics. Some of these new features will be too big to hide behind 6 ft fences. 

I was there in August, and from the ship could see over the barriers.  No work on structures, not even foundations, that I could see.

As I said, just dirty moving.

And I have worked on various construction projects.