Drink Package Discounts

fdthird

I see that for the next couple of days, they're offering the drink package at a 30% discount, making the price $46 rather than $52.  That makes the total for our 2 week B2B $1288 rather than the pre discount price of $$1456, a $168 savings.  We cruise March 17th and March 24th, 2019.  Does anybody think there will be any better discounts before then, or should I jump at this 30% which lasts another 8 days from today?

Thanks for your input.

37 minutes ago, fdthird said:

I see that for the next couple of days, they're offering the drink package at a 30% discount, making the price $46 rather than $52.  That makes the total for our 2 week B2B $1288 rather than the pre discount price of $$1456, a $168 savings.  We cruise March 17th and March 24th, 2019.  Does anybody think there will be any better discounts before then, or should I jump at this 30% which lasts another 8 days from today?

Thanks for your input.

My Magic 8 Ball says, "cannot predict now". Today the BP prices for both legs of our March 2019 Freedom cruises are at $44.00 for each leg. Like anything else book when you think the price is right for you. 

Edited by davekathy

I say book now, cancel/rebook later if it goes down.  I’ve been checking prices for my Symphony cruise, for many many months.  The lowest price I saw has been $48.  I cancelled/rebooked for that.  The current sale price, which is the same as the Black Friday and some of the other sales, is $49.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/13/2018 at 8:30 AM, George C said:

We just did oasis as diamond plus for first time , cheapest I saw pre cruise was 45 we paid 350 a person which I was not bad since you needed to add 18 percent to the 45. 

Do you happen to remember what the onboard price was?  I know it changes frequently but want to get an idea.

1 hour ago, 87turboii said:

Do you happen to remember what the onboard price was?  I know it changes frequently but want to get an idea.

I know price was almost 970 for us both before the discount, online s few days before we sailed it was 48 a Day was moving from 48 to 45 for last few months

Edited by George C

12 minutes ago, George C said:

I know price was almost 970 for us both before the discount, online s few days before we sailed it was 48 a Day was moving from 48 to 45 for last few months

Did you purchase it online? In many cases it would have been cheaper onboard.

6 minutes ago, 87turboii said:

That is what I am trying to figure out if its better to use my 30% onboard discount or buy online before.

I would wait , we definitely saved money by waiting 

Edited by George C

The 30% off was a promotion Royal was running mid December (don’t know if it’s still in effect).  I got the package for $46 and just looking now, they’re charging $66 and say it’s 20% less than on board prices.  

Edited by fdthird

9 hours ago, AlisonoftheSeas said:

Hello! It's been a while since I've cruised regularly, so forgive my ignorance. Do drink package prices fluctuate regularly or was this an uncommon event for the holidays?

It is very common!  The drink package price for my upcoming cruise has changed more than 12 times in the last year... ranging from $48 to $52.  And, our lowest price was actually not on Black Friday??!!  It was some random sale in the spring...

Edited by vacationlover_mn

4 minutes ago, Eastern flygirl said:

Has anyone sailed Oasis lately?  Do they sell the 10 drink bev card, and how much does it cost?  Where would I purchase it?  

If they offer it (can vary cruise to cruise), it's usually around $79 plus 18% and is offered around day 4.  Purchase at any bar.

Be careful when you look at the offered packages.  Just went back to our 3/17 cruise to look at the prices, and the first thing that comes up is a drink package that looks like it’s $66!  Looked a little closer and realized this package includes Zoom.   Had to dig a little further to find the stand alone package @ $52, so still happy with my $46 price.